Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Projects and Workspaces

Re: Projects and Workspaces

Postby sublimator on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Thanks the heads up on mylyn. I tend to use eclipse a bit these days for android dev. By god is it slow!!!! Android development in general kinda sucks.

Note also, you can make symbolic links to your *.sublime-project files, so as to keep essentially the same settings/folders.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby joushou on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:39 am

I'm all in for separate workspaces. Having the ability for a "quick shift" between features (e.g. having client stuff separate from server stuff) would be an awesome addition to my toolbox, and I do not personally think that having to save the workspace separately from the project even remotely approaches "increased complexity" (As long as it still autosaves the workspace when it has been created. ;) )
joushou

Postby vistago on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Weeks later, now that I know that a quick way to create, switch to, and delete workspaces could exist, I keep finding reasons why I'd want to use it.
vistago

Postby hectorh30 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:00 pm

I've got to say I would also find this really useful. What's the current status of this feature?
hectorh30

Postby Stefano.Rausch on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Multiple workspaces for a project would be very helpful indeed. Fast switching between projects and workspaces is essential - otherwise additional steps to set up the workspaces as such is not a deal breaker.
Stefano.Rausch

Postby jps on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:18 am

What's implemented in Sublime Text 3 is a hybrid of the initial two proposals: interface wise things mostly work like S2, but you can make additional workspaces for the current project (via the Project menu).
jps
Site Admin

Postby fmeetze on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:06 pm

I'm excited about this feature. If some of the plugins I've already purchased worked for Sublime 3, I'd already be using that version.
fmeetze

Postby mark4 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:03 am

I would like to see the ability to have one instance of ST3 active yet have multiple projects open.

Right now I am working on two related projects. an android NDK library which will be a sort of interperter that I can use in a game I am developing. This library is a separate project to the "source" files it would be interpreting for this game because i could potentailly use this same library for ANY other android application i develop. Each application would have its own scripts.

I am currently forced to have two instances of ST3 open. One for the lib/interpreter and the other for the games scripts. If I close one instance of ST3 and then teh other I will not get both of these projects opening back up when i re-launch. if i quit out of X and thus KILL both intances then launcting ST3 opens both back up. It would be nice to be able to close ST3 and have both projects open back up on launch - it would be MAJORLY preferable to only have to have a single instance of ST3 open back up :)

Also: How about an option for a ~/.st3 where all project files get created. if the "PROJECT_FOLDER" or whatever setting is left blank then project files get created in the current working directory.
mark4

Previous

Return to General Discussion