Sublime Forum

Right way to install a new color scheme

Hi all,

what is the right way to install a new set of color scheme into ST2?

1 Like

You’d probably want to make a “Color Schemes” folder inside your User folder, place the schemes there and set the path to preferred one inside your User.sublime-settings file.

1 Like

Yes, follow vitaLee’s advise. That is what I do, User/Color Scheme/. This preserves my color scheme when I back up my User folder (and it requires me to only back up my User folder opposed to other external folders and User), and when ST2 updates, User doesn’t get overwritten. It is a good place to put it.

1 Like

Thanks guys, very helpful.

0 Likes

Hi
I’m trying to do this for Sublime Text 3 and I can’t get the settings file right, I keep getting an error.

How can I specify where my color schemes are stored and any other data that should be backed up as you all mentioned?

I’d like to put it in a specific folder on my c drive that I use for things like that?

Thanks!
JS

0 Likes

Where ST depends on your OS/install type. Click on the Preferences menu > Browse Packages. This will take you to the folder where manually installed packages live. There should be a User folder in there. As the name indicates, it’s recommended you keep your settings in the User folder. Now you only need to backup your User folder to keep all your custom settings.

There are instuctions floating around the web on how to “sync” various machines by sharing the User folder via Dropbox.

Hope this helps,
Alex

0 Likes