Sublime Forum

Zen Coding and Web Development package conflict?

The Problem
When tabbing to auto-complete HTML tags, I get an error message on the console and the tags formatted with extra brackets, rendering the code unusable. Example:

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong? Do I need to change some settings to get this to work or is there a conflict somewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Background
I installed Sublime Text fresh and these packages using TortoiseHG (vanilla defaults) in the following order:

Zen Coding
AAALoadFirstExtensions
RelativeIndentation
WebDevelopment

The Error Output

0 Likes

[size=150]Desired Effect[/size]
Having code completion on typing [tab], with tab stop in the center as illustrated here:

Typing:

|<ul[tab]

Should result in:

<ul>|</ul>

[size=150]The Bug, Reproduced for Sublime Text 1.3[/size]
Typing:

|<ul[tab]

Instead results in additional outer brackets and cursor position at the end:

<<ul></ul>>|

This bug and the console error happens each time I press [tab] to autocomplete something.

[size=150]The Error Output Rises From Its Cursed Tomb[/size]

Traceback (most recent call last): File ".\sublimeplugin.py", line 119, in execTextCommand File ".\selectnode.py", line 612, in wrapped File ".\selectnode.py", line 283, in selection_nodes File ".\selectnode.py", line 274, in get File ".\selectnode.py", line 135, in __init__ File ".\selectnode.py", line 228, in feed lxml.etree.XMLSyntaxError: line 30: StartTag: invalid element name

0 Likes

Ahh thank you so much! I read through a lot of the other threads and it seems like you are no longer planning on updating or maintaining the WebDevelopment package is that correct? A damn shame but sometimes a brother has to step away from the computer in pursuit of greater interests :smile:

0 Likes

You have my deepest condolences. What kind of music are you going to study? Guitar, keys, vocals??

0 Likes