Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Color Scheme for code not working

Color Scheme for code not working

Postby Sederu on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:31 am

Sometimes Sublime Text 2 will recognize my code with its color scheme and other times it won't. I do a lot of pasting code into the code editor and editing it, but I rarely write code in it, mostly editing my older code. Its really helpful having the color scheme!
Sederu

Re: Color Scheme for code not working

Postby skuroda on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:39 am

If you are just opening new files and pasting text in, the default syntax is "Plain Text", thus no highlighting. You can set the syntax in the buffer by opening the command palette and searching for "Set Syntax: <syntax choice here>". If that isn't what is happening, please try to give more information.
skuroda

Postby Sederu on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:19 pm

That's exactly what happened, thanks for the help! I did "Set Syntax: HTML" I'm a noob so I'm not sure if this is correct, but it looks like what I wanted.
Sederu

Postby agibsonsw on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Sederu wrote:That's exactly what happened, thanks for the help! I did "Set Syntax: HTML" I'm a noob so I'm not sure if this is correct, but it looks like what I wanted.

You can also click the option at the bottom-right corner (where it, by default, says 'Plain Text') to change the syntax. There is a plug-in, I believe, that will recognise syntax; it might be called something like 'Auto-Detect Syntax'.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Return to General Discussion