Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 3 Beta

The first beta of Sublime Text 3 is now available to registered users: sublimetext.com/blog/article … ext-3-beta

0 Likes

FUCK ME!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

0 Likes

Awesome! I’ve been putting off ordering SublimeText for a while now, just went ahead and bought it.

Just to double-check, buying it now (at the $70 price), means I can use 3.0 retail when it releases, right?

0 Likes

That’s correct, all license keys ordered are now Sublime Text 3 license keys, which will also work for Sublime Text 2 if you’d prefer to continue using that for the moment.

0 Likes

Hopefully plugin authors will be quick on making change and/or they find a smart way to keep plugins to work on both 2 and 3.

Any news on tooltip and sidebar API? Are you planning to implement this (ever? :mrgreen: )

Also, from this sentence:

We should understand that ST is not a one man show anymore?

0 Likes

:astonished:

0 Likes

It’s something I very much want to get done, but at this stage I don’t know when that will be.

There will be something to say on that front soon.

0 Likes

A most sincere request for some sweet sweet loving :smile:

0 Likes

Yay!

0 Likes

It’s worth mentioning that I haven’t gotten around to updating the API reference yet, but you can now see the full API by looking through sublime.py, which lives next to the executable.

The plugin API itself has moved from using boost.python in S2 to the raw Python C API in S3, with sublime.py wrapping the C level API to provide something mostly compatible with the S2 API.

0 Likes

async on_query_completions ?

0 Likes

Jon,

Do you have a short list of features you plan on implementing for 3 or is it a “wait and see” situation?

0 Likes

AttributeError: 'View' object has no attribute 'score_selector'
0 Likes

atomi: There are a couple of not-yet-implemented methods that I’m aware of, and presumably some in that I’m not aware of too. view.score_selector falls into the latter camp, I’ll fix it for the next build.

0 Likes

Okay. Thanks. Congrats on shipping by the way :smile:

0 Likes

Hopefully the $15 upgrade version starts from purchases made 12/2012 and on considering that’s within the last 30 days!

0 Likes

Thanks jps \o/

How could I buy the upgrade licence ?

0 Likes

Upgrade licenses aren’t available yet, nor are they required. The plan is that upgrading won’t need to happen until 3.0 is released, and I don’t want anyone paying before they need to.

0 Likes

Mandatory Paid Upgrade

Did Cmd+Return stopped working as insert new line?

0 Likes

It’s working for me. If you enter “sublime.log_commands(True)” and “sublime.log_input(True)” in the console, what output do you when when you press cmd+return?

0 Likes