Sublime Forum

Question: Can I set editor background image?

Hi. I’m a Japanese user using sublime text 2 on windows. This editor is wonderful! :smiley:

Let me ask you a question now.
I want to set a background image or picture to this editor. Is there any way for displaying background image to main area (editor area)?
I find and wish that there is this way. For example, theme editing, color theme editing or package installings.

Regards.

Dice

0 Likes

Background image

But… WHY???

0 Likes

no

0 Likes

Sorry, I should explain in more detail about the reason.

Because I want the function same as wallpaper of OSs. I wish to write code with my favorite pictures. It will make happy and creative writing for me and some sublime text users.

Oh… I’m very sad. :cry: Thank you for answering.

0 Likes

You could make the editor partly transparent; I do that all the time. Gives me a futuristic feeling to it; seeing the other applications in the background of my editor.

Put your editor on top of your wallpaper, make editor window partly transparent -> you’ve got what you want.

If you’re on Windows (7), there’s a program I’m using called Opacity.exe. Read and download it here ( Or download directly here )

**EDIT: Simple usage guide: ** Double click the opacity.exe file to start it. Go to your editor and, while holding the windows-key down, scroll with your mouse’s scroll wheel (you need a mouse with a a scroll wheel for this).

Hope that helps :wink:

0 Likes