Sublime Forum

Build 3012

Were there changes to the auto-complete matching?

As an example, I used to be able to find a match for “output=false” by typing something like “fal” with this new build I need to actually type out “o” first to get a match.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I much prefer the previous way of matching completions. There are lots of completions that start with the same prefix and typing out the last part of text that differentiates each completion to find your match is an extremely fast and easy way to get what you need and a big reason why I love the auto-complete in ST.

0 Likes

I agree

0 Likes

Quick panel no longer wraps via up/down either?

EDIT: I mean ST3 vs ST2

0 Likes

unknown software exception (0xc000001d) at 0x0040f1ae.

0 Likes

I realized the missing up/down wrap too. Would be good to get that back.

And is it possible to get more information in the quick panel for Goto Def and Symbol in Project? Currently both are just using a single line. It would be very helpful if the second line includes the actual definition for goto definition and the filename with line number for goto symbol in project.

0 Likes

I’ve only been using Sublime Text 3 since this build so I don’t know if this is a new regression, but compared to Sublime Text 2 the minimap behaves differently. In 2, if you click somewhere other than the light grey window marker, and you leave the mouse pressed down, the window marker will shift to that location and you can then immediately drag it around further. In 3012 if I click in the minimap I can’t immediately drag the window marker afterwards, I have to let go of the mouse and click on the window marker again before I can start dragging it. I hope I explained that clearly. It’s a minor issue but kind of annoying if like me you use the minimap a lot for navigation.

I run the Linux 64-bit version.

0 Likes

[quote=“Valtiel”]I’ve only been using Sublime Text 3 since this build so I don’t know if this is a new regression, but compared to Sublime Text 2 the minimap behaves differently. In 2, if you click somewhere other than the light grey window marker, and you leave the mouse pressed down, the window marker will shift to that location and you can then immediately drag it around further. In 3012 if I click in the minimap I can’t immediately drag the window marker afterwards, I have to let go of the mouse and click on the window marker again before I can start dragging it. I hope I explained that clearly. It’s a minor issue but kind of annoying if like me you use the minimap a lot for navigation.

I run the Linux 64-bit version.[/quote]

Same annoyance on Win 8 64 bit.

0 Likes

jps, what is your stance on the smart_indent issue described here: smart_indent bug? ?

Without any knowledge of ST internals I’m daring to assume that this is an easy fix. Is it possible to get it in ST3? This is a blocker for me and, I’m sure, for some other people as well. Using ST for languages without braces and some other editor for braced languages will be… awkward.

I tried to do a proper workaround by adjusting the Default keymap, but it seems that anything that does \n insertion is a suspect (i.e. “o”/“O” commands in Vintage and probably other things) - also “}” has to be remapped to counter the unindent. At this point it seems that a full workaround requires replicating the Sublime indentation logic in keybindings to unindent after every “smart” indent and reindent after every unindent…

(apologies for reposting, but my previous messages seem to be ignored, so I’ll keep trying)

0 Likes

@Valtiel and @Arjan: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10780&start=160#p43265 However, said setting does not make any difference (whether it’s “true” or “false”) so it’s either a regression or undocumented.

0 Likes

jps,

seems that ST3 has taken over my folder preferences on Ubuntu. Anytime I hit "open folder’ in another app or something it will open the folder in ST3 and not in my default file viewer which should be Nemo

0 Likes

[quote=“Arjan”]

[quote=“Valtiel”]I’ve only been using Sublime Text 3 since this build so I don’t know if this is a new regression, but compared to Sublime Text 2 the minimap behaves differently. In 2, if you click somewhere other than the light grey window marker, and you leave the mouse pressed down, the window marker will shift to that location and you can then immediately drag it around further. In 3012 if I click in the minimap I can’t immediately drag the window marker afterwards, I have to let go of the mouse and click on the window marker again before I can start dragging it. I hope I explained that clearly. It’s a minor issue but kind of annoying if like me you use the minimap a lot for navigation.

I run the Linux 64-bit version.[/quote]

Same annoyance on Win 8 64 bit.[/quote]

It’s not a regression. It was added in Build 2220.
just add “minimap_scroll_to_clicked_text”: false
to your user preference, you will have the old behavior.
@Valtiel
@Arjan

0 Likes

I had an issue where I copied text into a temporary tab. When I tried closing it out, SublimeText just hung. I found that the plugin_host.exe process was consuming 100% CPU and continuously using more memory (I killed it at 3GB).

Once I killed plugin_host.exe, it was able to finally close the tab.

Joshua

0 Likes

It would be nice if the folder paths from project_data() API function follow the OS specific standard so one can use the os.path functions with it directly. Under Windows I get f.e. “/D/Development/project” but I would like to get “D:\Development\project”.

0 Likes

+1
Adding a 2 methods in the API to convert path from ST3 to OS and from OS to ST3 would be very useful.

0 Likes

I’d still like to have OS dependent project paths.

0 Likes

If I set “hot_exit” and “remember_open_files” to “false”, a file is only added to the recent file list if I close the file before closing Sublime Text. If I have it opened and close Sublime Text, it doesn’t get added to the list. Basically I want the opened files in the recent file list but no opened files on start.

0 Likes

@tom_s: While I certainly agree that this is a bug you might want to check out github.com/FichteFoll/sublimetext-filehistory

0 Likes

[quote=“prmaple”]

Same annoyance on Win 8 64 bit.

It’s not a regression. It was added in Build 2220.
just add “minimap_scroll_to_clicked_text”: false
to your user preference, you will have the old behavior.
@Valtiel
@Arjan[/quote]

That setting seems to do nothing for me. Minimap still behaves as I described.

0 Likes

Good

0 Likes

@Valtiel

well, just found that this doesn’t work in 3, while it does work in 2.
not sure if Jon deliberately did that or forgot to bring that setting to 3, or he hasn’t done it yet.

sorry about the misleading

0 Likes