Sublime Forum

Subscribe topic?

It doesn’t.

0 Likes

There is also no way to reset password without a staff member intervening. This forum software is outdated. Please move the forums to yahoo groups or google groups- it would be a service to the community. IMHO :bulb:

0 Likes

I would prefer if they changed to SMF (Simple Machines Forum) to be honest. Just a thought :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

0 Likes

ooh, what about discourse.org/?

1 Like

@adzenith +1!

I wonder if we should import/export all the current posts or not… Anyway. Totally went off topic from his original question. :smile:

If we really want/need this, we can make a post dedicated to it.

0 Likes

It isn’t that this forum doesn’t support it, it was purposely disabled.
Don’t ask me why, it’s stupid. Shows a big lack of respect for users, as does the lack of support.

0 Likes

You can bookmark topics though. At the bottom left of the topic’s page.

0 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I want to do, spend everyday coming back to the these forums (and the other 10,000) to check if there “might” be a reply to one of my many posts over the years.

0 Likes

I’m genuinely curious why subscribing to topics is disabled. Is it an administrative burden or what? This is the only forum that I deal with that doesn’t allow it.

0 Likes

This same question was posted a year and a half ago . trivially found by searching for the word “subscribe” Subscribing to forums/posts

0 Likes

Yeah I saw that a while ago, stupid reason as there are so many easy options for a mail server. Takes 60 seconds to setup and saves every customer a crap ton of time. But customers are not his priority, you can see that by the fact he doesn’t even bother to answer 90% of the support questions asked. It’s a shame, I love the app.

0 Likes

[quote=“Saxi”]

Takes 60 seconds to setup and saves every customer a crap ton of time. [/quote]

lol, ok.

0 Likes

[quote=“DisposaBoy”]

Takes 60 seconds to setup and saves every customer a crap ton of time.

lol, ok.[/quote]

Most hosting solutions already have a mail server setup, you just have to point to it.
If he is doing his own, it’s just a matter of installing EXIM or something, the default configuration is typically fine.
But yeah, that’s too much work to save everyone from having to come back 5 times a day to see if anyone replied to a post. Cause you know we have nothing better to do.

0 Likes

Strongly agree. Over the time I grew the habit of manually checking my “View your posts” page which contains all interesting and eventually updated stuff but there are surely better ways of doing so. The main problem is that I literally have to reply to a topic to keep myself updated about it, I like the way Discourse and Github handle this (easy opt-in noticfications which are still seperated from high priority notifications).

0 Likes

OK so apparently the SublimeText author thinks “administering an email server” too much trouble & time intensive.

Kind of hard to believe… because just yesterday I needed to setup outgoing email notifications for a Couchbase cluster. On Ubuntu server it’s simply

sudo apt-get install postfix

It walks you through the configuration after installing. I had a working mail server, for outbound SMTP email notifications, in literally 5 minutes including time to lookup and learn how to do it. :smiling_imp:

0 Likes

[quote=“mindlube”]OK so apparently the SublimeText author thinks “administering an email server” too much trouble & time intensive.

Kind of hard to believe… because just yesterday I needed to setup outgoing email notifications for a Couchbase cluster. On Ubuntu server it’s simply

sudo apt-get install postfix

It walks you through the configuration after installing. I had a working mail server, for outbound SMTP email notifications, in literally 5 minutes including time to lookup and learn how to do it. :smiling_imp:[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, I think it’s more the lack of respect for his customers. It’s clear that is the case because he doesn’t even respond to 99% of the support requests.

0 Likes

I can’t believe how terrible the support here is. I’ve requested a refund.

0 Likes

The product is great, the support is non-existent.

0 Likes

Well, that answers my question. There is no way to subscribe. That’s a pretty key part of a forum these days. LAME.
So, the developer of an app this great is intimidated by an email server? Um. ???

0 Likes

[quote=“Tyree”]Well, that answers my question. There is no way to subscribe. That’s a pretty key part of a forum these days. LAME.
So, the developer of an app this great is intimidated by an email server? Um. ???[/quote]

He also doesn’t answer support requests.

0 Likes