Sublime Forum

Problem with tab completion

OK, I have searched the forums and I couldn’t seem to find a definitive answer, but it may be that what I’m asking isn’t worded exactly right. SO here goes! If I’m working in a CSS file, I type

.main then hit tab to indent before my curly braces. But instead of indenting, I get

.margin:

I have added the following to my user settings:

"auto_complete": false, "auto_complete_commit_on_tab": false,
to my user settings with no effect. Am I missing something? Thanks!

0 Likes

I seem to have found the setting I needed to change, so I’m answering my own question. Here is the setting:

{ "key": "setting.tab_completion", "operator": "equal", "operand": false }

I just put it in my user file and changed it to “false” and it’s working as I wanted it to!

0 Likes

Well, I stand corrected. It didn’t fix it. It stopped for a bit then started again. When working in a CSS file, if I type

p

then tab, it auto completes with

padding

Is there ANY way to keep this from happening!!! I have uninstalled Emmet and deleted any special entries in my settings files. I am real close to ripping my hair out. PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Likes

Have you tried toggling this setting?

// When enabled, pressing tab will insert the best matching completion. // When disabled, tab will only trigger snippets or insert a tab. // Shift+tab can be used to insert an explicit tab when tab_completion is // enabled. "tab_completion": true,

0 Likes

Yes. I copied it into my user settings and changed it to false. It SEEMS to be working for now, but will probably break by the end of the day for no apparent reason.

0 Likes