Sublime Forum

What is Sublime Text's default font face?

I love it and want to use it everywhere (on Windows 7), can I? :smiley: I checked the Preferences.sublime-settings file, and see ā€œfont_faceā€: ā€œā€ ā€“ Itā€™s empty!

0 Likes

// Note that the font_face and font_size are overriden in the platform // specific settings file, for example, "Preferences (Linux).sublime-settings". // Because of this, setting them here will have no effect: you must set them // in your User File Preferences.

Itā€™s Consolas.

0 Likes

Extract font face?
Extract font face?

Emilbus Mono

0 Likes

Nice font (Emilbus Mono). Where can one download itā€¦a google search didnā€™t show up any results?

0 Likes

emilbuS Mono. Iā€™m not sure what font the demo on the homepage is using. Iā€™ll recommend some good free monospace fonts while Iā€™m here, though.
Terminus, Anonymous, Anonymous Pro, Envy Code R, Source Code Pro, Inconsolata, M+ Fonts, Fixedsys Excelsior, Droid Sans Mono

Edit:
Previous post: ā€œWhat font on the front page?ā€

0 Likes

github.com/andreberg/Meslo-Font
ā€œMeslo LG is a customized version of Appleā€™s Menlo-Regular fontā€

0 Likes

Just adding my two bits, tried all the others. Lucida Console Size 13 is still my favorite. Allows you to pack more code on the screen vertically at once and I like my fonts to be a bit ā€œblockyā€ which makes them easier to read and seem more like code.

0 Likes

Emilbus mono? Yeah, I couldnā€™t find that on the web anywhere, either. I scrolled through my word processorā€™s font and I think I found it. it looks like itā€™s Consolas (on windows 7 at least). I switched my User settings font_face in Sublime Text, saved, and coulnā€™t tell a difference. So, I think it might be Consolas. Very nice. Iā€™ll be using that in all my apps now! Thanks for all the replies! (@fooziex: Thanks for the others. I read somewhere that Inconsolata is similar to Consolas on Linux.)

0 Likes

Yeah, Consolas is nice. Itā€™s Microsoftā€™s new (post-Vista, iirc) coding/monospace font, akin to Calibri (sans) and Cambria (serif). Itā€™s what Iā€™d use on a bare Windows system. Another nice font trick (for Windows users only) is setting:

"font_options":

"directwrite"
	]

Which enables the new Windows hardware accelerated font rendering engine. Iā€™ve found the results vary based on your font, though, so ymmv.
BTW Iā€™ll spell it out: Sublime reversed ā†’ emilbuS

0 Likes

Hehe :smile: NIce one.

0 Likes

Bro, what is the color scheme you got there on the screenshot? Sooo sexy.

0 Likes

Consolas on Windows. I have been happy with Source Code Pro sourceforge.net/projects/sourcec ā€¦ obe/files/

0 Likes

I know the is a reply to an old question, but do you happen do know who the fontā€™s foundry is?
That should solve all questions of where to find it.

0 Likes

Consolas is made by Microsoft.

0 Likes

Iā€™m guessing Emilbus Mono has a foundry too. Unless it was a private, custom job.

0 Likes

I would read this thread again more carefully. :smile:

0 Likes