Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3022

Dev Build 3022 is out now.

The primary change in 3022 is the plugin_host<->sublime_text communication, which is now lock-free for the general case. Speed is much faster, such that the API overhead is around the same as in S2. For some actions, such as scanning the buffer character by character, S3 is now faster than S2.

All known crash issues have been resolved as of 3021/3022, with the exception of the Sparkle auto-update issue, which I’ve yet to track down.

0 Likes

Yes! Better PHP highlighting. I’ve been looking forward to this for a while.

0 Likes

PHP package updated! Great

0 Likes

Is there a speed-memory improvement if we have one .py file with multiple class definitions versus having separate .py files for each class definition? i.e., is there an overhead for “each .py file loaded” due to the duplicate import statements?

0 Likes

This is what happens with 3022 on MacOSX.8.2 when I move
the tab (see attached image)

Also, where should I put my plugins for use with ST3?
any FAQ, even sketchy?

Piero

0 Likes

I don’t think that there’s a significant change, but having one class per file don’t look very Pythonic (Java-onic maybe)
http://dirtsimple.org/2004/12/python-is-not-java.html

0 Likes

On OSX, urllib seems to be hollowed out…there is nothing in it…

[code]>>> import urllib

dir(urllib)
builtins’, ‘cached’, ‘doc’, ‘file’, ‘loader’, ‘name’, ‘package’, ‘path’][/code]

I would have expected urllib to give an error on import if it wasn’t there, but it imports fine, but has no accessible attributes.

0 Likes

pierre: sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html should fix the issue for you

facelessuser: that’s the expected result with Python 3

0 Likes

@jps This worked fine in ST3 on windows, but not OSX

[pre=#151515] response = urllib.request.urlretrieve(html_file, holiday_list)[/pre]

I am confused that this is the expected response: docs.python.org/3.0/library/urllib.request.html

0 Likes

@faceless

Rather than blathering my tired jibberish:

[code][GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple Clang 4.1 ((tags/Apple/clang-421.11.66))] on darwin
Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.

import urllib
dir(urllib)
builtins’, ‘cached’, ‘doc’, ‘file’, ‘initializing’, ‘loader’, ‘name’, ‘package’, ‘path’]

import urllib.request, urllib.parse
dir(urllib)
builtins’, ‘cached’, ‘doc’, ‘file’, ‘initializing’, ‘loader’, ‘name’, ‘package’, ‘path’, ‘error’, ‘parse’, ‘request’, ‘response’]

[/code]

0 Likes

I have a crash opening a project, had to put it in a Gist because it’s too long. Here you go.

0 Likes

The replace in files does nothing (i think i observed this in 3020 also) : i get the confirmation message box for x replace in y files but when i click OK nothing is changed.

And the GoTo Anything is still “not working” : more weight is given to directory rather than filename, that makes almost unsusable, at least with my project structure.

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]@faceless

Rather than blathering my tired jibberish:

[code][GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple Clang 4.1 ((tags/Apple/clang-421.11.66))] on darwin
Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.

import urllib
dir(urllib)
builtins’, ‘cached’, ‘doc’, ‘file’, ‘initializing’, ‘loader’, ‘name’, ‘package’, ‘path’]

import urllib.request, urllib.parse
dir(urllib)
builtins’, ‘cached’, ‘doc’, ‘file’, ‘initializing’, ‘loader’, ‘name’, ‘package’, ‘path’, ‘error’, ‘parse’, ‘request’, ‘response’]

[/code][/quote]

Thanks @castles_made_of_sands. I don’t know why that was so hard for me…I guess I found it more baffling because it worked on one platform but not the other. Anyways, you are right, import urllib.request works.

0 Likes

sublimetext.com/docs/3/packages.html

0 Likes

Does anybody know what the trick is to get old minimap behaviour back now? “minimap_scroll_to_clicked_text”: false doesn’t seem to do anything on 3.0 builds, I’m talking specifically of clicking and immediately dragging to scroll.

0 Likes

@jps: deleting the library folder fixes the issue
@FichteFoll: thank you. I did not notice the new help files

0 Likes

Can you give an example some file names and search strings that are causing issues for you?

0 Likes

Thanks for the crash report. FWIW it appears the .sublime-workspace file next to the project is invalid.

0 Likes

I had problem installing this build.

Previously I had running the beta build 3021.

I downloaded the 3022 build for Mac OS X.
Closed the running instance of Sublime Text 3 build 3021.
Open the .dmg file.
It started checking and then nothing happened.
There was no installation window and when opening Sublime Text 3 it was still build 3021.
I tried this 3 times with no success.

I could really use some assistance here as I want to use the updated PHP package.

I run Mac OS 10.8.2.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

Can you give an example some file names and search strings that are causing issues for you?[/quote]

For example i have a file name eth_tx_ctrl.sv in a directory eth_tx_ctrl\rtl
With version 3014 if I type “ehxctl” the file will be on top with a score of 213 (which kind of makes sense to me since it matches the directory and the filename)
Now with version 3020 and 3022, doing the exact same thing, the top file is ac_ctrl from directory eth_tx_ctrl\0in with a score of 118, , there is a lot of different file with an l highlighted in the filename, and finally, after like ten different random file, the one i’m looking for with a score of 102.

I hope this helps you find the issue.

0 Likes