Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 3023

Re: Dev Build 3023

Postby natewiebe13 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:32 pm

andrew.stilliard wrote:An apt repository like Google chrome provides would be fantastic

I would have to agree. Even a ppa for Ubuntu users would be fine.
natewiebe13

Postby hsu on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:23 pm

I never understood the new minimap setting, nor it had any effect for me. I'd love to have a fading minimap
hsu

Postby schlamar on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:38 am

Can you enable platform aware user settings, e.g. User/Preferences (Windows).sublime-settings? (This doesn't work for me, if it already should work.)

I sync my settings between all platforms so this is really needed. My current solution is to do this in a plugin (https://github.com/schlamar/ST3User/blo ... erences.py). However, there are a few drawbacks, for example the font size changes after the start and if I modify the Preferences the font size is reset.
schlamar

Postby svenax on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:05 am

schlamar wrote:Can you enable platform aware user settings, e.g. User/Preferences (Windows).sublime-settings? (This doesn't work for me, if it already should work.)

I sync my settings between all platforms so this is really needed. My current solution is to do this in a plugin (https://github.com/schlamar/ST3User/blo ... erences.py). However, there are a few drawbacks, for example the font size changes after the start and if I modify the Preferences the font size is reset.

I do that too. It should of course be possible to have, e.g. Preferences (Windows).sublime-settings. However, you can do that if you put the files in another folder than User. Admittedly, I never got that to work right in Sublime 2, but it does in Sublime 3. I use a folder I call UserPlatform for this.
svenax

Postby fjl on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:41 am

I regularly see freezes when scrolling (on OS X, Retina). These seem to be related to the width of the window.
The right side of the editor looks deformed when I resize the window horizontally. This is visible when the minimap is on.
The overlay scroll bar is also deformed. Scrolling hangs when this happens.
Attachments
deform.png
The red line was painted in to show where the window edge is, it's not part of the bug.
deform.png (35.68 KiB) Viewed 1483 times
fjl

Postby schlamar on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 am

svenax wrote:I do that too. It should of course be possible to have, e.g. Preferences (Windows).sublime-settings. However, you can do that if you put the files in another folder than User. Admittedly, I never got that to work right in Sublime 2, but it does in Sublime 3. I use a folder I call UserPlatform for this.

But this doesn't work for package specific settings. E.g. I want a PlainTasks (Windows).sublime-preferences. This does neither work if I put it in User/ nor in UserPlatform/.
schlamar

Postby schlamar on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:03 am

@jps Do you know about this DirectWrite bug: https://github.com/aziz/PlainTasks/issues/62
schlamar

Previous

Return to General Discussion