Sublime Forum

Why is it the package manager has incompatible packages

So I paid for Sublime Text, and it has been months since Sublime Text 3 was released, and yet every time I go into the package manager, there are a list of (unmarked) incompatible packages. Why is it, this paid product is so broken still? I just want a list of WORKING packages for Sublime Text 3. The fact that it lists old Sublime Text 2 packages in Sublime Text 3 is a huge failure. Please get this fixed.

0 Likes

1- Package Control isn’t an official plugin. It doesn’t come installed by default and you don’t need to pay for it.
2- ST3 uses Python 3 while ST2 uses Python 2, that makes some plugins incompatible with ST3 because they don’t support Python 3.

You can get it here: github.com/wbond/sublime_packag … e-Packages

0 Likes

Also of note, there is a completely revamped infrastructure for Package Control that has been in the works for the past two months. I am hoping it will be ready so Package Control 2.0 can move to beta status in the next couple of weeks.

That infrastructure makes it extremely easy to mark the compatibility of packages, and also makes releasing packages the “right way” easier. It will also provide a platform on which to build a better submission/review workflow.

Unfortunately this is all volunteer/open source work, so I still have to maintain a day job, and thus things take longer that I may otherwise like.

0 Likes

Package Control is awesome. I can’t believe it’s a plugin and not part of ST. Where can we donate in appreciation for it?

0 Likes

wbond.net/sublime_packages/packa … say_thanks

0 Likes

Is there a way to set up a reoccurring, monthly donation for package manager?

0 Likes