Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3032

Dev Build 3032 is out now, with a few more misc changes

0 Likes

Thanks for the update. I posted this bug a little late in the previous dev release thread, so thought I would repost it here too. Thanks for all the hard work!

Overriding package files leads to failures when loading python files.

To reproduce:

1. Override HTML/html.sublime-snippet. Content shouldnā€™t matter.
  2. Restart the editor.

Upon restart, the following occurs

Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 73, in reload_plugin m = importlib.import_module(modulename) File "X/importlib/__init__.py", line 88, in import_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1577, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1558, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1522, in _find_and_load_unlocked ImportError: No module named 'HTML.encode_html_entities' reloading plugin HTML.html_completions Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 73, in reload_plugin m = importlib.import_module(modulename) File "X/importlib/__init__.py", line 88, in import_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1577, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1558, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1522, in _find_and_load_unlocked ImportError: No module named 'HTML.html_completions'

Tested in W7 x64

0 Likes

Hi Mr. Skinner,

Thank you so much for that new great release!

If you have some extra time could you, please, take a look into the locked mode problem? It seems to be just a small problem in version 3.

Open a new window using ā€œNew View into Fileā€ and vintage mode, edit this new view, close that ā€œNew Viewā€ in ā€œInsert Modeā€. This will lock the other window opened into the vintage mode he is using before the operation.

My Sublime version is installed into a Mac OS 10.8.3.

Best Regards from a huge fan of you :smile:
Tcha-Tcho

0 Likes

Any chance to get this API method added?
sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/1 ā€¦ n_project/

0 Likes

I just want to note a personal pet issue of mine, seeing that you added changes to the go to anything panel:

• Keep the current quick panel open when alt-tabbing out of Sublime / sublime loses focus -> currently, the GoTo Anything stays open, while all others close

This shouldnā€™t be too difficult, no? Even if it is just implemented for the Command Palette, it would be very nice. E.g., if I let Package Control list all packages, it can take some time. If I change windows, the panel closes, and I have to do it again.

• Another nice addition would be an option to reopen the last comman palette / Go To Anything panel.
0 Likes

Small visual glitch affecting the Linux version (build3032 on Ubuntu 13.04 x64 with GNOME Shell 3.8):

• at startup, a 1px/2px white margin appears below the tab bar

• after switching to another tab, the white margin disappears

Mandatory screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/368761/bugreport/sublimetext3build3032-white-margins-below-tab-bar-at-startup.png

0 Likes

Perhaps this was previously reported, but this is an issue iā€™ve had with multiple cursors with all ST3 builds as far as I can remember.

This in on linux 64bit and I am using Vintage mode. This issue does not affect ST2 to be clear.

As an example, I open /usr/include/GLES2/gl2.h and I copy all #define lines into a new file.

[code]/* OpenGL ES core versions */
#define GL_ES_VERSION_2_0 1

/* ClearBufferMask */
#define GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT 0x00000100
#define GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT 0x00000400
#define GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT 0x00004000

ā€¦[/code]

I want to change these so #define GL_ES_VERSION_2_0 1 turns into ES_VERSION_2_0 = C.GL_ES_VERSION_2_0

I select #define and hit Alt+F3; Backspace; Escape (vintage mode); V (visual mode); E (end of word); Ctrl+C (copy); V(visual mode off); A (append)

At this point my cursors are at the end of the named defines waiting for me to type. If I hit = C then everything looks ok, but the period character I type afterwards is inserted into the wrong positions. Essentially, as the line number increments, the position of insertion takes an additional minus one.

So I end up with this

[code]GL_ES_VERSION_2_0=C. 1

/* ClearBufferMask */
GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT=.C 0x00000100
GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT.=C 0x00000400
GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BI.T=C 0x00004000

/* Boolean */
GL_FAL.SE=C 0
GL_T.RUE=C 1

/* BeginMode */
GL_PO.INTS=C 0x0000
GL_.LINES=C 0x0001
GL_LIN.E_LOOP=C 0x0002
GL_LIN.E_STRIP=C 0x0003
GL_T.RIANGLES=C 0x0004
GL_TRIAN.GLE_STRIP=C 0x0005
GL_TR.IANGLE_FAN=C 0x0006

ā€¦[/code]

Also note, it doesnā€™t matter if I use Ctrl+C or if I use Y(yank);E(end of word);A(append)

And again, this is not an issue in ST2 but happens to me quite frequently on ST3

0 Likes

ā€œPressing right in the Goto Anything overlay will open the selected file without closing the overlayā€ = AWESOME!

0 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed a minor issue in recent builds (not sure when it started). When I have two empty panes and Iā€™m focused in the left one, if I use goto anything to open a file, it opens it in the right pane. I expect it to open in the pane Iā€™m focused on. The dropdown for goto anything does, however, appear in the left pane.

0 Likes

Just noticed that the autocompletion popup now becomes wider when needed and wanted to express my gratitude for that :smile:

0 Likes

Itā€™s the little things that matter. Iā€™m actually really happy about this.

0 Likes

Within the last month Iā€™ve started seeing a problem with the setting

"save_on_focus_lost": true

If I make a change in one tab and then click to a different open tab, the cursor input does NOT follow the window focus change. Itā€™s caused many fat finger edits because the cursor is not where I expect it to be.

0 Likes

skuroda: Thereā€™s as issue with the python module loader, where it doesnā€™t respect package overrides properly. Itā€™s a known issue from the first build of S3, and itā€™s on the list to get fixed

quarnster: There is still a maximum width for the auto complete, let me know if this is set too low for you

0 Likes

Great thanks jps. I apologize for bringing it up again since you already knew about it. I was helping someone with overriding packages and came across it, so thought I would mention it on the off chance you didnā€™t know.

Again, thanks for the response and all the great work you (and your team) have done on ST.

0 Likes

A great feature indeed.
jps, can you add this to Goto Symbol, too?

0 Likes

I was away for a bit, but from a build a couple weeks agoā€¦
ā€œā€¢Windows: New style Open Folder dialogs are used on Vista and laterā€

THANK YOU! <3

0 Likes