Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Alignment for ST3

Alignment for ST3

Postby Saxi on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:34 am

Anyone know if Alignment is going to be ported for ST3 or if anyone knows how?
Saxi

Re: Alignment for ST3

Postby quodlibet on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:47 am

There's a fork by @kevinsperrine that is supposed to work according to:
https://github.com/wbond/sublime_alignm ... t-17964523

I haven't tested it myself. I rather prefer the "VAlign" plugin. (Not associated with VAlign, I'm just plugging it cause I like it.) There's other alignment plugins as well.

Hope this helps,
Alex
quodlibet

Postby Saxi on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:01 am

quodlibet wrote:There's a fork by @kevinsperrine that is supposed to work according to:
https://github.com/wbond/sublime_alignm ... t-17964523

I haven't tested it myself. I rather prefer the "VAlign" plugin. (Not associated with VAlign, I'm just plugging it cause I like it.) There's other alignment plugins as well.

Hope this helps,
Alex

I don't see ST3 support or a ST3 branch, do you run it in ST3 without problems?
Saxi

Postby quodlibet on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:24 pm

The comment I linked to tells you what to do.

The idea is to get this branch from @kevinsperrine's fork of alignment:
https://github.com/kevinsperrine/sublim ... ee/python3

And include it in your `Packages` folder. (It will override the Alignment plugin if in your `Installed Packages`, if you have it installed.)

P.S. I haven't used it myself, but people don't generally post complete nonsense on github. (Generally :) )

Alex
quodlibet

Postby Saxi on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:02 pm

quodlibet wrote:The comment I linked to tells you what to do.

The idea is to get this branch from @kevinsperrine's fork of alignment:
https://github.com/kevinsperrine/sublim ... ee/python3

And include it in your `Packages` folder. (It will override the Alignment plugin if in your `Installed Packages`, if you have it installed.)

P.S. I haven't used it myself, but people don't generally post complete nonsense on github. (Generally :) )

Alex

I was referring to Valign, I gave that a try and it does look good.
One thing I don't like about it though, if I select multiple lines it won't line them all up properly if there are newlines between some of the lines.
Saxi

Postby quodlibet on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:09 pm

Saxi wrote:I was referring to Valign, I gave that a try and it does look good.

Sorry! I misunderstood. VAlign is compatible with both ST2 & 3.

Saxi wrote:One thing I don't like about it though, if I select multiple lines it won't line them all up properly if there are newlines between some of the lines.

Yeah, VAlign is kind of limited in how it works, but, honestly, it's the first alignment plugin I've managed to use consistently, because it's so easy to trigger.

Why don't you try opening an issue about your use case? (Actually I just looked and I think you have?)

Alex
quodlibet

Postby Saxi on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:37 pm

quodlibet wrote:
Saxi wrote:I was referring to Valign, I gave that a try and it does look good.

Sorry! I misunderstood. VAlign is compatible with both ST2 & 3.

Saxi wrote:One thing I don't like about it though, if I select multiple lines it won't line them all up properly if there are newlines between some of the lines.

Yeah, VAlign is kind of limited in how it works, but, honestly, it's the first alignment plugin I've managed to use consistently, because it's so easy to trigger.

Why don't you try opening an issue about your use case? (Actually I just looked and I think you have?)

Alex

Yeah I posted an issue regarding it. I do like how easily it can be triggered, but I frequently want to align with new line, for example when I am setting up constants and grouping them by likeness. I want them all aligned relative to each other, only way to do it with this plugin is to put them all together, align, then put the line breaks in.
Saxi

Postby quodlibet on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Saxi wrote:I want them all aligned relative to each other, only way to do it with this plugin is to put them all together, align, then put the line breaks in.

It's not ideal, but it's not too bad. You'll eventually encounter situations where Valign completely misunderstands what you would like to happen and that's more of a problem. I still dig the Ctrl+\ :)
quodlibet

Postby Saxi on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:28 pm

quodlibet wrote:
Saxi wrote:I want them all aligned relative to each other, only way to do it with this plugin is to put them all together, align, then put the line breaks in.

It's not ideal, but it's not too bad. You'll eventually encounter situations where Valign completely misunderstands what you would like to happen and that's more of a problem. I still dig the Ctrl+\ :)

I might give the other alignment a try, it's based off regular expressions, but I suspect it will take a long time to get them all setup the way you want, and I would like to avoid all that if at all possible.
Saxi

Postby randy3k on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:12 am

randy3k

Next

Return to General Discussion