Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3036

Dev Build 3036 is out now, addressing a couple of regressions in 3035.

Also new in this build is High DPI support in Linux. To be consistent with GTK applications, this doesn’t make use of the X11 DPI settings, but instead uses the GTK Text Scaling Factor, which is configurable via the Gnome Tweak Tool.

On Windows, Direct Write is now automatically used in High DPI mode. This can be disabled using the “gdi” font option.

There is a known issue in this build when changing colour schemes, where the tabset won’t properly update until a restart. This will be fixed for the following build.

0 Likes

Fixed regressions in file change detection

w00t :smile:

0 Likes

Upon upgrading I’m now getting ‘plugin_host has crashed’ type messages.

I’ve loosely traced it the PyV8 bundled with Emmet (ZenCoding)

Has anything else changed in the linux x64 build?

0 Likes

I’ve just tried the new build and now every time I start up Sublime it freezes for a moment and then I get a dialog box saying:

“plugin_host.exe has stopped working. Windows is collecting more information about the problem. This might take several minutes…”

I am using the Windows 64 bit portable version.

I tried removing all of the plugins just to make sure it wasn’t one of them but it still happens every time Sublime starts up without fail.

Edit:
For me it was the BracketHighlighter plugin.
So after removing that it now works fine.
Not sure why it’s crashing with it though.

0 Likes

Thanks castles_made_of_sand, removing Emmet and PyV8 has fixed plugin_host from crashing at startup (Windows 8 x64)

0 Likes

@skaet

I’m looking into it to see if I can get some more useful info for Jon.

0 Likes

BracketHighlighter too huh

Wonder if it’s a threading related thing

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue.

I feel like a dummy, but I can’t figure out how to remove one of the packages suggested in this thread. Normally, I would use package control, but with this bug, it’s not running. Googling doesn’t help much; everything seems to point to package manager.

Suggestions? Thanks.

0 Likes

I think it’s the sublime.load_resource api going berko

0 Likes

@billie

readthedocs.org/projects/sublim … mentation/

0 Likes

@jps

sublime.load_resource(‘Packages/EmmetLive/editor.js’)

I can confirm that that line pasted into the console causes plugin_host to die

I tried attaching to plugin host, but this is all the backtrace I could get:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x00000000005df9a7 in ?? () (gdb) bt #0 0x00000000005df9a7 in ?? () #1 0x00000000005e3796 in std::string::assign(std::string const&) () #2 0x000000000046eb00 in ?? () #3 0x000000000046ffb2 in ?? () #4 0x00000000004729e0 in ?? () #5 0x000000000047bdf1 in ?? () #6 0x0000000000467f1c in _start ()

0 Likes

same thing for me:

error: plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won’t be available until Sublime Text has been restarted

Tried uninstalling suggested plugins but it’s still happening (on mac 10.8.3)

0 Likes

plugin_host crash in windows 7

0 Likes

This issue is fixed in 3037

0 Likes

Font selection is broken on Windows 7. I can only select the font family (e.g. Source Code Pro) and not a specific type (like Source Code Pro Light). In the latter case it switches to something like Arial or Helvetica… This bug was introduced lately (it worked in 3032 and/or 3035).

And OTF Fonts are not displayed correctly. You can try the free Source Code Pro font which is distributed as OTF and TTF. The TTF version is good while the OTF is ugly (too bold and strange scaling). I have seen this issue before in 3032 and 3035.

0 Likes

That will be an artefact of using direct write, which is now used by default in high dpi mode. You can specify the gdi font option for the previous font selection logic.

0 Likes

“Fixed regressions in file change detection”
Good! I was getting erratic pop-up windows with “This file has changed on disk”, and had no idea where it came from.

0 Likes

Is there no possibility for directwrite + font style?

Additionally, some symbols are broken with directwrite, e.g. :heavy_check_mark: ☐ ✘ (from PlainTasks plugin). They are displayed as question marks.

0 Likes

This build (3037) scales the app chrome fonts to hugemongous, unworkable size.

I’m running MATE DE, and set my DPI in appearance->fonts->details. I don’t see changes here being reflected in ST though, same goes for changes in X11 configs (but it seems that you intentionally neglect these).

gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.interface text-scaling-factor

gives me 1.0

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface text-scaling-factor 0.5

does not change the look of ST.

Is there a ST setting we can experiment with?

Thanks for all the effort!

0 Likes

sender: Sublime Text will log the DPI scale it’s seeing in the Console (accessible via the View menu), it’ll be near the top of the output, something along the lines of “DPI scale: 1.0”.

FWIW, Sublime Text needs to be restarted after a change to the text scaling factor.

0 Likes