Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3036

Font selection is broken on Windows 7. I can only select the font family (e.g. Source Code Pro) and not a specific type (like Source Code Pro Light). In the latter case it switches to something like Arial or Helvetica… This bug was introduced lately (it worked in 3032 and/or 3035).

And OTF Fonts are not displayed correctly. You can try the free Source Code Pro font which is distributed as OTF and TTF. The TTF version is good while the OTF is ugly (too bold and strange scaling). I have seen this issue before in 3032 and 3035.

0 Likes

That will be an artefact of using direct write, which is now used by default in high dpi mode. You can specify the gdi font option for the previous font selection logic.

0 Likes

“Fixed regressions in file change detection”
Good! I was getting erratic pop-up windows with “This file has changed on disk”, and had no idea where it came from.

0 Likes

Is there no possibility for directwrite + font style?

Additionally, some symbols are broken with directwrite, e.g. :heavy_check_mark: ☐ ✘ (from PlainTasks plugin). They are displayed as question marks.

0 Likes

This build (3037) scales the app chrome fonts to hugemongous, unworkable size.

I’m running MATE DE, and set my DPI in appearance->fonts->details. I don’t see changes here being reflected in ST though, same goes for changes in X11 configs (but it seems that you intentionally neglect these).

gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.interface text-scaling-factor

gives me 1.0

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface text-scaling-factor 0.5

does not change the look of ST.

Is there a ST setting we can experiment with?

Thanks for all the effort!

0 Likes

sender: Sublime Text will log the DPI scale it’s seeing in the Console (accessible via the View menu), it’ll be near the top of the output, something along the lines of “DPI scale: 1.0”.

FWIW, Sublime Text needs to be restarted after a change to the text scaling factor.

0 Likes

I have build 3037 on Mac, and I have a problem with that in some (some C++) buffers, the cursor isn’t showing at the cursor position. The left side marker shows the correct line, but the vertical bar doesn’t move with the arrow keys (only mouse input).

0 Likes

@jps: thanks. It shows: “DPI scale: 1.729”, which is in line with the settings I made (DPI 166 instead of DPI 96, which would result in “DPI scale: 1” in ST).

I guess why ST differs is b/c other apps use both the DPI scaling factor AND the font-size from the DE settings. It seems ST chrome fontsize is not derived from the DE settings.

If font-size is a setting for chrome fonts within themes, it might be a setting app-wide?

0 Likes

I’m still running into issues with file auto-reloading not working. (As noted before, I am seeing this issue on a log file on windows server 2012 with ST3 in portable mode)

I’m also seeing this in the console when I open the settings files from the Preferences menu:

invalid path: /E/redacted_folder/Sublime Text 3/Data/Packages/Default
Unable to open /E/redacted_folder/Sublime Text 3/Data/Packages/Default/Preferences.sublime-settings

(Note this is on windows, so I’m not sure why the paths look like that. It also does actually open the file.)

0 Likes

Build 3037 keeps crashing on me. Seems to be happening when using “Goto Anything”.
The crash reporter doesn’t come up, sublime just quits.

Where are the log files located? I’m on OS X 10.8.3

Thanks

0 Likes

‘save on focus lost’ still does not allow the cursor focus to follow when clicking in the body of a different open tab after editing. Clicking the tab title to change tabs does behave correctly, saving the previous tab with proper cursor positioning in selected tab.

0 Likes

Hi htoothrot,
How big is your log file? and how often does it gets written to? This would help me reproduce that issue. Thanks.

0 Likes

[quote=“hong”]Hi htoothrot,
How big is your log file? and how often does it gets written to? This would help me reproduce that issue. Thanks.[/quote]

It’s an apache access log for a small webapp. The log is currently about 3.42mb and 36,000 lines. So, how often it gets written to is highly variable. (But I’m trying to test it right now, and I’m the only one causing log entries, so it still occurs when the changes are infrequent.)

I know the information is thin so please let me know what I can do to provide more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Noticed a bunch of these in procmon:

10:24:57.4270623 PM	sublime_text.exe	7228	RegOpenKey	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics	NAME NOT FOUND	Desired Access: Read
10:24:57.4412069 PM	sublime_text.exe	7228	RegOpenKey	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics	NAME NOT FOUND	Desired Access: Read
10:24:57.4515874 PM	sublime_text.exe	7228	RegOpenKey	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics	NAME NOT FOUND	Desired Access: Read
10:24:57.4645792 PM	sublime_text.exe	7228	RegOpenKey	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics	NAME NOT FOUND	Desired Access: Read
10:24:57.4752379 PM	sublime_text.exe	7228	RegOpenKey	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics	NAME NOT FOUND	Desired Access: Read
10:24:57.4882042 PM	sublime_text.exe	7228	RegOpenKey	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics	NAME NOT FOUND	Desired Access: Read
10:24:57.4986484 PM	sublime_text.exe	7228	RegOpenKey	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics	NAME NOT FOUND	Desired Access: Read
10:24:57.5120542 PM	sublime_text.exe	7228	RegOpenKey	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics	NAME NOT FOUND	Desired Access: Read
10:24:57.5260917 PM	sublime_text.exe	7228	RegOpenKey	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics	NAME NOT FOUND	Desired Access: Read
10:24:57.5354681 PM	sublime_text.exe	7228	RegOpenKey	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics	NAME NOT FOUND	Desired Access: Read
10:24:57.5496537 PM	sublime_text.exe	7228	RegOpenKey	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics	NAME NOT FOUND	Desired Access: Read
10:24:57.5592511 PM	sublime_text.exe	7228	RegOpenKey	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics	NAME NOT FOUND	Desired Access: Read
10:24:57.5699875 PM	sublime_text.exe	7228	RegOpenKey	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics	NAME NOT FOUND	Desired Access: Read

Seems a little unnecessary (note the times), since the entry is not there.

0 Likes

There still seems to be a similar/related issue with find_resources, running sublime.find_resources("Preferences.sublime-settings") on 3037 on linux 64bit still crashes for me.

0 Likes

Support for HiDPI under Linux is fantastic news, thank you for that :smile: . Also,

–> That reminds me of a small visual glitch affecting the Linux version (at least on Ubuntu 13.04 x64):

• at startup, a 1px/2px white margin appears below the tab bar

• after switching to another tab, the white margin disappears

Mandatory screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/368761/bugreport/sublimetext3build3032-white-margins-below-tab-bar-at-startup.png

0 Likes

For me it updates after opening a new file, too. Still annoying if you have a custom theme just for one syntax, though (PlainTasks plugin).

Edit: Moving tabs updates, too.

0 Likes

Application crashed:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: sublime_text.exe, Version: 1.0.0.1, Zeitstempel: 0x51ad6cbb Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: btmmhook.dll, Version: 6.3.0.6300, Zeitstempel: 0x4c5239cd Ausnahmecode: 0x40000015 Fehleroffset: 0x000000000001a3ee ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x18b8 Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01ce62786b3b42bc Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\schlaich\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btmmhook.dll Berichtskennung: 9f348778-ce91-11e2-b300-e4115b3d1563

Windows 7 (64bit), ST 3037 (64bit)

Anything else you need?

0 Likes

The new behavior locks files, so they can’t be deleted anymore in Windows Explorer (without closing it in ST).

0 Likes

This does not occur for me in Windows 7, Build 3037.

0 Likes