Sublime Forum

Moving from Dreamweaver to Sublime

Hi …

Very new to Sublime text, I have been doing some quick tutorials, installed some packages (zen coding/emmit … Wow!) but now I am some questions and don’t really know where or how to search.

1. As I said I have installed a couple of packages, one being HTMLAttributes. But one thing I miss is the ability to be able to browse for file locations. In DW you would see the ‘source’ dialog come up and be able to browse. Is that possible in Sublime?

2. How do you select a class from a referenced style-sheet? This was big one for me in DW. I know I should need it but it really is tough to get by with out it.

Thanks for all the help and I absolutely be purchasing a licence.

Mike

0 Likes

For the first one, you can try my plugin AutoFileName. It will autocomplete filenames/paths for you. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

As for the second, I’m sure there’s a plugin for this somewhere (feature of emmet, maybe?). Good luck.

0 Likes

(1) Remember Sublime is not a Web IDE so your workflow is going to change from DW. But only in a good way. You’ll want to get into the habit of using Projects and dragging the root folder branch of a project into the left-hand panel (alternatively use “open folder” to do so). Save your project out then just load up projects to have your workplace and folders set up. Once sublime is aware of your folder(s), you can then use magic Ctrl+P search everything to open your files - far quicker than browsing around locations. Also remember there’s no reason why you can’t add >1 folder, and there’s a variety of ways to filter what Sublime “sees” during search using per-project or global settings (nb. sublime also supports per-filetype and user settings too)

(2) The following 2 plugins should give you what you want, especially the first:

github.com/alienhard/SublimeAllAutocomplete
github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIntel

:smile:

0 Likes

Thanks guys … I will give these a shot and check back tomorrow.

0 Likes

Hey guys … I am completely stuck when it comes to CSS.

I have no idea on how to find class names and put them into HTML tags.

So I have a tag …

<p class="">

How do I find the class or ID to use using keyboard shortcuts or auto complete?

Thanks

0 Likes