Sublime Forum

To stay or to leave of this community

[quote=“FichteFoll”]
However, I find the 300 posts almost unbelievable. You know, I’ve been following his posts for more than a year now (yes, ALL his posts) and it certainly doesn’t feel like he made 1 post a day already. Yes, there was more activity around march/april or whenever the first ST3 betas were released, but was it really that much?[/quote]

I didn’t go by ‘feel’. I used ‘Advanced Search’ and put ‘jps’ in the author field. You can do the same thing if you don’t ‘believe’ me. It shows 10 posts per page. 30 pages in 2013, and 57 pages in 2012. Plus 2 on page 88. That’s 300, and 572. Like I said.

There were 2 standout stretches in 2013 with no posts. One during the first 2 weeks of 2013, and one for about 6 weeks, from Sept.1 to Oct. 16.

And, I thought it would have been obvious, but apparently there are those who just need it spelled out for them, so, ok: Yesterday’s julian day number was 300. 300 posts divided by 300 days amounts to an a-v-e-r-a-g-e of 1 post per day. Got it?
Granted, I only took one semester of stats, as I got permission to trade one out for advanced algorithms. But I think I got enough out of it for this exercise.

Ya know, you guys can do what ever you want. I don’t give a crap. I got nothin’ invested here. Except $59 and a pretty decent experience with the tool. I’ve somehow managed to use it to pump out about 22k lines of CoffeeScript in the last 13 months, with no real complaints. Coupla glitches, but I worked around them, with the help of information I found in these forums. If it goes dark, I’ve got plenty of other tools and resources. Not that worried about it.

But I know a railroad job when I see it.

0 Likes

You certainly didn’t go by brains. All your stats are irrelevant for all those customers who experience a complete communication blackout.

This guy’s sentiments are a good read: github.com/quarnster/lime/blob/master/README.md

0 Likes

Your lament rings a bit hollow. It would seem that you’ve received plenty of communication here lately. Including from jps.
But, be that as it may, your response is about what I expected.
Good luck with that. Lemme know how that works out for ya, McAfeeBoy.

Cheers :wink:

0 Likes

In keeping with your tradition, you are wrong again.

Good work old horse.

0 Likes

copycat :wink:

0 Likes

If I may address the actual content of the thread title. (putting aside the obvious grammatical mistakes)

Here the focus is not so much on the action of “stay or leave” but on community. 1 definition is: “A group of people having common interests.”
Since no one here is empowered to pressure anyone to conform to an implied set of guidelines or rules, there can be no action taken to remove someone who is deemed to not conform to the implied definition of “community”.
It rests solely in the hands of the opening poster.

So, if you find the need to ask others about your decisions to go or stay you are, by definition, part of the community. Even when your comments appear to be outside the implied group consensus (Sublime Text sucks, Jon sucks, etc.), you are in fact reinforcing your position in the same community.

This is a community without geographical boundaries, so the only way you can **leave **is by logging off and not making anymore comment. As that is not happening, the only conclusion we can come to is; you have decide to stay and entertain the community with your comment. :wink:

0 Likes

[quote=“Arjan”]

Good work old horse.[/quote]

Arjan - I don’t know how you could have come up with such a lame response. How do you do that? What’s the mental process for something like that? Or the point? Never mind.
But I will say this. You are absolutely correct. I was wrong.
I never should have said your lament rings a bit hollow.

I should have said, “Your lament rings COMPLETELY hollow, and is totally devoid of merit.” I stand corrected.

I look forward to your next vapid utterance.

0 Likes

[quote=“oldwarhorse”]

Good work old horse.

Arjan - I don’t know how you could have come up with such a lame response.[/quote]

Lame posts require lame responses.

0 Likes

Yeah. Like I said.

See ya in the funny papers, kid.

0 Likes

[quote=“oldwarhorse”]

Yeah. Like I said.
See ya in the funny papers, kid.[/quote]

Thanks for driving home the point with another lame post.

0 Likes

I see an ST3 update. Last one was just about 6 months ago. Change log doesn’t seem like there are many big features, it mostly seems like small tweaks. Are we nearing release?

0 Likes

Hmm… hate the scrolling tabs…good thing it can be disabled.

I was blissful in my ignorance, wondered why updates were so long between. For such a nice product I’m surprised.

0 Likes

Hi it’s been another month now. Are we closer to ST3 release? Is there somewhere a list of issues and features being burned down before release? How much work is left? How much progress has been made? Has any progress been made? Cheers.

0 Likes

There is no communication on (future) features besides sublimetext.com/3dev, if you actually call that communication.

0 Likes

Ah, yes. That’s a bit of communication of what was done, I guess, but nothing really on what remains before release. (Which we could perhaps use as an estimate of how long to release.)

E.g. does it say anywhere if print support is definitely in or out?

I guess I’ll drop by in another month and ask again then. :frowning:

0 Likes

I suggest you file the forum search for a post from “jps” with the search term “print” to find out more about it. I’m betting there won’t be an update on print support in the next month anyway.

0 Likes

Hi it’s been another month now. Are we closer to ST3 release? Is there somewhere a list of issues and features being burned down before release? How much work is left? How much progress has been made? Has any progress been made? Cheers.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Please see: ST still alive?

0 Likes

Refer this post.

0 Likes