Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

To stay or to leave of this community..

Re: To stay or to leave of this community..

Postby jbrooksuk on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:50 am

Arjan, you shall see. I'm sure Jon wants to make sure that whatever changes — must be big ones — he's made, they're working properly.
jbrooksuk

Postby Arjan on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:47 pm

jbrooksuk wrote:Arjan, you shall see. I'm sure Jon wants to make sure that whatever changes — must be big ones — he's made, they're working properly.

the proof is in the pudding, since the last two releases has clearly been the worst in the ST3 lineup (at least on Win64)
Arjan

Postby jbrooksuk on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:30 pm

You're always welcome to use something else, or... downgrade?
jbrooksuk

Postby Arjan on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:36 pm

jbrooksuk wrote:You're always welcome to use something else, or... downgrade?

No
Arjan

Postby jbrooksuk on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:57 pm

So stop complaining :)
jbrooksuk

Postby sublimator on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:22 am

The essence of Arjan's request certainly seems reasonable to me.

Can't really argue with bug fixes before new features.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby Arjan on Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:28 pm

castles_made_of_sand wrote:The essence of Arjan's request certainly seems reasonable to me.

Can't really argue with bug fixes before new features.

In-fucking-deed
Arjan

Postby Evoken on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Maybe Jon could do something similar to what MacRabbit (developers of the Espresso app) do. They are basically a team of two people, one is the developer (which would be Jon in the case of Sublime) and another is in charge of support, answering questions in the forum or via email as well as their Twitter account. He replies to the questions of the users be them on feature requests, bugs, or just general help with using the program. This allows MacRabbit to have the developer focused on building and improving the app without neglecting user support and interaction with the community.
Evoken

Postby Narretz on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:53 pm

Arjan wrote:
jbrooksuk wrote:Arjan, you shall see. I'm sure Jon wants to make sure that whatever changes — must be big ones — he's made, they're working properly.

the proof is in the pudding, since the last two releases has clearly been the worst in the ST3 lineup (at least on Win64)

Do you have any evidence for that? I've been using the last builds, and have not had any serious issues, unlike with some previous ST3 Beta builds.

I agree that there are many small bugs and inconveniences that should be fixed before big new features are introduced.
Narretz

Postby Arjan on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:23 am

Narretz wrote:
Arjan wrote:

Do you have any evidence for that? I've been using the last builds, and have not had any serious issues, unlike with some previous ST3 Beta builds.

I agree that there are many small bugs and inconveniences that should be fixed before big new features are introduced.

Yes, I have proof each time my machine grinds to a halt due to ST3 on large projects. This occurs on Win64 only.
Arjan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion