Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3046

Maybe you should clarify that *.pyc just don’t work within a .sublime-package, extracted everything is fine…

0 Likes

No pyc is a pretty shitty limitation for commercial plugins

I think @wbond releases some of his plugins in that form?

0 Likes

They work, see my post above.

0 Likes

The importer still has issues, a plugin with a SyntaxError (e.g. just print 'x' without braces) results in

reloading plugin User.analyse File "C:\Users\schlaich\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 71, in reload_plugin m = imp.reload(m) File "X/imp.py", line 252, in reload File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 586, in _check_name_wrapper File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1023, in load_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1004, in load_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 562, in module_for_loader_wrapper File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 854, in _load_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 981, in get_code File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 313, in _call_with_frames_removed None

0 Likes

Plus there is really strange behavior for function call argument mismatch on embedded console:

[code]>>> from User.preferences import _set_font_size

_set_font_size(1)
File “”, line 1, in
None
[/code]

Expected is TypeError: _set_font_size() takes no arguments (1 given)

0 Likes

Ah sorry, the exception issues are introduced by LaTeXing: bitbucket.org/LaTeXing/latexing … -for-every

(Note to myself: check all issues with plain ST without plugins)

0 Likes

Just not with .sublime-package zips ?

0 Likes

I’ve got nothing against pyc files, the code just hasn’t been written. I’m happy to accept patches against sublime_plugin.py if anyone needs support.

0 Likes

lol, love how you added a ? to the quote, subtle :smile:

0 Likes

Typo, fixed now :slight_smile:

0 Likes

lol, you removed it, I thought it was intentional, questioning teh blah

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]

Just not with .sublime-package zips ?[/quote]

yes

0 Likes

I’m still having the issue that deleting a folder is occasionally locked by Sublime.

0 Likes

I’ve had this issue too on Windows 7 x64, but haven’t been able to reliably reproduce it.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

I’ve got nothing against pyc files, the code just hasn’t been written. I’m happy to accept patches against sublime_plugin.py if anyone needs support.[/quote]

Doesn’t look too hard tbh, I’ll see if I can do that on Sunday (if it hasn’t been done already by then).

0 Likes

I’m having a little bit with the auto tag closing since the new release, can’t see any other mention of it though, so it might be a plugin acting up.

When I type a and try to close it I can’t get past the the <
I have to add a space and then type the /tag> otherwise it doesn’t let me type anything.

It seems to be happening on everything, but I’m mainly working in erb and html.
I disabled sublime linter thinking that might be causing the problem but no luck.

0 Likes

[quote=“FichteFoll”]@john_ferrier: As I said, your reported behaviour is not a bug, it’s the other way arround. See github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues/71.

However, I’d like to ask @jps what he thinks about having the default packages (C++, Python …) uploaded to github while having selected people watch over them and just pulling them for every release (maybe checking commits for the changelog). With this we could easily fix issues like this one without having you bother with these external things.[/quote]

Thank you FichteFoll, but JPS may think it make him really cool to give little response to the users.

0 Likes

This is still not quite fixed: If you quick switch projects and the view on top has a syntax specific color scheme the tabset background is still messed up.

0 Likes

Same happens on Sublime start.

0 Likes

There is another issue with file change detection. Sometimes Sublime doesn’t get notified when a file changed on disk. I guess this is related to the multiple “ReadDirectoryChangesW fails error code 64” messages in console.

0 Likes