Sublime Forum

Port to FreeBSD

Any ideas to port or run ST3 on FreeBSD?
Will ST3 be available on other OSes?

0 Likes

It would be great to have this editor on FreeBSd desktop , I’m not a developper but I can help for testing .
Hope thiswill be ported soon.

0 Likes

[quote=“ltmerlin”]Any ideas to port or run ST3 on FreeBSD?
Will ST3 be available on other OSes?[/quote]

About a year ago I considered running a FreeBSD desktop and thought about the issue with ST3. Would it be possible to run it under the linux elf emulation layer? I imagine that most of the library dependencies should be able to be resolved via ports.

0 Likes

I created an account just to second this, I’ want a FreeBSD port of my beloved ST :smile:

0 Likes

Seconded. :smile:

0 Likes

Would be a nice one, but for me - low prio.

and tacks - shut up and get the f… outta here, if you don’t like the project / community / developer. You have had the possibility to read through the forum, you have read and agreed to the EULA if you had bought a license. But my guess is: That’s just a dumb account to rattle and ramble, spreading bulls… and you even don’t have bought a license.

0 Likes

Linsux with its 1.4x % desktop market share doesn’t have any relevance either.

0 Likes

No it doesn’t

0 Likes

uh, no, and just jps surrendering to the annoying little noises of the ridiculously small number of Linsux users doesn’t make 1.4x % a relevant number of people. Grow a ball.

0 Likes

I really don’t understand why someone who hates so much ST to ask for refound still comes here, you got your money back and we’re happy for you, but now just move on and go somewhere else to troll…

0 Likes

Uh, no, Linsux kids are weird. No wonder no one can take you seriously.

0 Likes

Adding my +1 for a FreeBSD x64 [native] desktop port.

0 Likes

Hello)
FreeBSD build is possible?

At least FreeBSD 10.1.

I think there is enough people that can help with building and packaging.
Thanks)

0 Likes

There’s a linux emulation port I’ve made and its working mostly fine.

I’ve just finished testing with linux64 support and it works.

Of course its not the ideal scenario, I.E. there’s not support for important syscalls that make things like file watch fail… but still I can use package control and most of the plugins I would use in windows so its still great.

0 Likes

Oh I would definitely love a native port to FreeBSD, it’s still my number 1 Unix system (then again, I’m probably biased being an old BSD guy and FreeBSD committer). What mike-pt says is true though, the Linuxulator does a lot of heavy lifting and you can use it, but you will still miss out on a lot of native features that would give the full ST experience.

0 Likes

I use Debian (Sid) and bought a license for ST3…However, having native package for FreeBSD, I’d consider switching to it (Lumina desktop) to be able to take full advantage of zfs. :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

++++1 for FreeBSD port.
I am professional user and I have purchased license and I am forced to use Linux, like thousands other users that silently do this as well.
This reminds me the situation of 90’s, that I was forced to use MS Windows to get serious desktop software, now I am forced to use Linux even though I don’t like using Linux at all.
I also know many of my friends and open source groups running Linux on VMs for this reason (to be honest for watching Netflix as well, too :slight_smile: ).

I do not believe would be that hard guys to port it to FreeBSD, since all the programming tools and libraries exist for both OS’s with minor differences.

Please guys make the best editor around, cross-platform and the Unix community will support you.

1 Like

I could not agree more…

++++1 for FreeBSD port

0 Likes

I think the dev builds and 3.1 work on freebsd.

0 Likes

Happy new year!

I’d love to have Sublime Text for FreeBSD. There are people that can help porting this!

https://twitter.com/jornane_no/status/1465306274833309698

0 Likes