Sublime Forum

ST3: OS X Version Control support?

Hello guys,
Does anybody know, is OS X Version Control support even considered to be implemented in ST? I mean version browsing in a Time Machine-like interface, etc. This would be beyond awesome, I think.

0 Likes

[quote=“Artem G.”]Hello guys,
Does anybody know, is OS X Version Control support even considered to be implemented in ST? I mean version browsing in a Time Machine-like interface, etc. This would be beyond awesome, I think.[/quote]

Good Lord, I hope not.

I use SVN (even on my local Mac) for Version Control.

0 Likes

Hello all,

This is an old thread but I actually do wonder the same, a few years later :slight_smile:
The MacOS / APFS auto save and versions are life-savers sometimes and, from what i’ve read in the docs, fairly easy to implement. That is to say, when your app is a (multi) document appkit application.

And yes I know that VCS’s exist and I use them every single day, but the reality is that:

• Not every single file ever is stored in a repo (like system files, a quick note, random tekst files, etc etc)
  • Some people use Sublime Text for more than editing version controlled source code files
  • Sometimes you want to revert something that was not committed yet (and for some reason you can’t just use “undo” anymore)
  • Reasons

I don’t know what part of Sublime Text is written in Python and what is OS specific but it would sure be a nice addition if possible!

Super old WWDC video that is probably outdated… and it hurts your eyes looking at the UI back then!

And one link that might actually be useful as it explains what it is and how to enable it

0 Likes