Sublime Forum

Sublime Text X 20101015

This weeks release of Sublime Text X sees the find panel and friends making an appearance. There’s still a few loose ends: tool tips aren’t there yet, tab doesn’t work on the replace panel, there’s no find history, and there aren’t any shortcuts to change the find options. The basic functionality should be up and running though.

0 Likes

Cool! Some remarks:

The Select Buffer panel switches to the first buffer in the list when first opened (empty search string). Maybe it should default to the currently active buffer instead? It does when you close it again without selecting a different one.

Also, I’ve noticed commands now follow Python’s style guidelines with regards to naming. Does that mean the API will be incompatible with 1.x? Can you reveal any more sweeping changes to the API?

0 Likes

I found a small bug. If you have no files open, drag a folder to the sidebar to open a project, ctrl+p and preview the files but don’t actually select a file (escape out of the quickpanel dialog), the last file you previewed is still shown in the editing area (the same as if you would have opened it) but the file is not added to the open buffers list. I guess if you cancel in the quickpanel when no files are opened that the editing area should be cleared.

Up/down arrows still do not scroll the quickpanel view, but the resizing is now remembered.

Is there any way to hide the window decorators of the quickpanel like in the “old” SublimeText…I thought it looked much nicer.

It might be nice to have “expand all” and “collapse all” options for the projects.

0 Likes

Well thanks for your work, but still no ucs2 :smile:

0 Likes

A note from someone with old eyes ans Win XP3.

The new design of the scrollbars is hard to use. I have difficulties findingthe scroll button. This red point in the middle irritates as it is better to see than the scroll button.

I assume there is no functionality planned for this red point. As I understand, this violates the “form follows function” paradigm.

I once had a very nice Firefox skin using black with red applications. I removed it after a week. The combination of red and black seems too aggressive for daily work. You may experience the same.

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]

+1
I liked the overlay effect[/quote]

+1 to both!
The overlay was really nice. Also, the display is a bit slower than the old quickpanel though. Guessing a bit is due to the rendering of the preview? Maybe just defaulting to the active buffer would make it appear faster, since the view wouldn’t have to be redrawn, AND it makes more sense that way.

0 Likes

Hello again.

I still have the same problems with the various keys not working on Linux? Any updates on that?

Regards,

Nick Tzanos

0 Likes

The scroll bars should be identical to those in Sublime Text, and there should not be any red on them - a red image should only appear if there’s a missing file. Could you send me a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

0 Likes

Can I ask where the packages directory for X is located, or will be located, on Mac OSX? I see it in both windows and linux, but not in Mac.

*(the equivalent in windows is C:\Users{user}\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text X\Packages) *

0 Likes

It’s in ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text X

0 Likes