Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Worth Purchasing?

Re: Worth Purchasing?

Postby Weyland on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:42 am

I had no problem using the evaluation version. Heck, I could've used it 'till my fingers were bleeding.

However, the more I used it, the more I realized that it's an incredibly versatile and damn good looking tool.

I was happy to cough up 70 bucks for this amazing piece of software just to support the developers, because they're awesome.
Weyland

Postby pondshus2 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:35 am

I never say this is not worth of your money, instead I always felt it provides good result for what you pay to these guys. I am a happy customer for 5+ years now and never had a feel to drop this in between. I hope you should not be worried in paying to them.
pondshus2

Postby karthiksekarnz on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:34 am

@Miadric Don't buy license now because sublime is remaining free for cool kids like you. When you build software commercially, remember to buy a license to support sublime and developers like you.
Good on you for working on 8languages, that's impressive but remember to read fundamental concepts again, you'll become an awesome developer.
karthiksekarnz

Postby guyspronck on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:58 am

You won't have to buy a license just yet. I'm in college and use it for school alot, but also program with it in my free time. That's why I bought it, it became a tool which I used daily, many hours actually. So for me it was worth it, but maybe for you it's not yet worth it. When you get a little older, go and buy it. Support the dev and make yourself feel better for buying it aswell:)
guyspronck

Postby pabloko on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Well, it was nice intil i suscribed for some contest and now im being spammed by sublime text with almost daily emails that i cannot unsuscribe.

Its went so annoying that i just hooked user32.dll and forced MessageBoxW to return 2 if text contains "unregistered" word. just for revengue.

int WINAPI d_MessageBoxW(HWND hWnd,LPCTSTR lpText,LPCTSTR lpCaption,UINT uType) {
if (strstr(lpCaption, "unregistered") != NULL)
return 2;//IDCANCEL
typedef int(__stdcall *pS)(HWND, LPCTSTR, LPCTSTR, UINT);
pS pps = (pS)p_MessageBoxW;
int rv = pps(hWnd, lpText, lpCaption, uType);
return rv;
}

also setup a filter to autodelete spam emails.

thanks!
pabloko

Postby macjohnmcc on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:12 am

pabloko wrote:Well, it was nice intil i suscribed for some contest and now im being spammed by sublime text with almost daily emails that i cannot unsuscribe.

Its went so annoying that i just hooked user32.dll and forced MessageBoxW to return 2 if text contains "unregistered" word. just for revengue.

int WINAPI d_MessageBoxW(HWND hWnd,LPCTSTR lpText,LPCTSTR lpCaption,UINT uType) {
return 2;//IDCANCEL
return rv;
}

thanks!

What e-mail service do you use that you can't add the sender as a junk mail sender?
macjohnmcc

Postby ntenney on Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:55 am

pabloko wrote:Well, it was nice intil i suscribed for some contest and now im being spammed by sublime text with almost daily emails that i cannot unsuscribe.

return 2;//IDCANCEL
return rv;
}

thanks!

First of all, I'm guessing you signed up for the "Sublimetext Tips" contest for a free sublime license that was held recently. You should be aware that Sublimetext Tips has no affiliation with Sublimetext the company, so your "revenge" is completely against the wrong person. Also, at the bottom of every Sublimetext tips email is an unsubscribe link.
ntenney

Previous

Return to General Discussion