Sublime Forum

Sublime Text X 20101108

Sublime Text X 20101108 is available now for registered users. The main new features in this version are the status bar and console panel (ctrl+backquote on all platforms). The linux issue where num lock would cause the key bindings to stop working has also been fixed.

0 Likes

Great!!! Thanks Jon!

I just tested it on Linux and it works ok.

In the console when I type a sample java program to check syntax highlighting themes I get messages of the following form:

unknown key: modifiers: hardware code: string:

e.g. unknown key: 41 modifiers: 1 hardware code: 19 string: )

The only cases that hardware code was something other than 1 was in the case of non-printable characters.

This behaviour does not exist on the Mac platform.

The following message appears in both Linux and Mac platforms:

Unknown external include source.applescript included from source.shell

Other than the above it looks great!!

Thanks again

Nick

0 Likes

By the way the new version is 20101118 and not 20101108
Regards,

Nick

0 Likes

This is looking sweet! I’m pumped to be able to use Sublime on OS X.

I’m seeing strange console messages that don’t seem to actually affect functionality. When I start Sublime Text (in OS X), it prints this in the console:

[quote]unknown command: toggle_record_macro
unknown command: run_macro
unknown command: save_macro
unknown command: select_all
unknown command: expand_selection {“to”: “line”}
unknown command: expand_selection {“to”: “word”}
unknown command: expand_selection {“to”: “scope”}
unknown command: expand_selection {“to”: “brackets”}
unknown command: single_selection
unknown command: move_to {“to”: “brackets”}
unknown command: undo
unknown command: redo_or_repeat
unknown command: copy
unknown command: cut
unknown command: paste
unknown command: paste_and_indent
unknown command: indent
unknown command: unindent
unknown command: toggle_comment {“block”: false}
unknown command: toggle_comment {“block”: true}
unknown command: swap_line_up
unknown command: swap_line_down
unknown command: join_lines
unknown command: save
unknown command: prompt_save_as[/quote]

Nonetheless, all these commands seem to work fine.
Every time I hit command-c to copy from the console, it prints the last six lines again:

[quote]unknown command: toggle_comment {“block”: false}
unknown command: toggle_comment {“block”: true}
unknown command: swap_line_up
unknown command: swap_line_down
unknown command: save
unknown command: prompt_save_as[/quote]

0 Likes

A few comments:

• I really like the fact that a project can consist of multiple folders! That’s fantastic and quite useful.

• What is the difference between Project>New Project and Project>Close Project? In both cases they remove all directories from my project, and in both cases I need to re-add all directories. The only difference seems to be the fact that the former puts the “Project” header in my sidebar. Perhaps there are future differences planned for these two menu items?

• The animation when clicking a disclosure triangle looks pretty neat—I’m a fan in general of animated UIs, and I wish the system itself also animated disclosure triangle contents. Could you speed the animation up a bit, though? It feels a bit too slow if I’m drilling down into a directory.

• In the old Sublime Text, the background color when no file was open was a lighter grey, whereas in X it’s black. Could it be grey again? I got used to grey :blush:—I think it looks classier and makes it easier to notice a lack of buffer.

• Did I mention yet how huge a fan I am of the Prompt Select in Project dialog? This is everything I ever wanted.

• It’d be nice if I could somehow scroll the open buffers sidebar and the project sidebar independently. Right now if my project has more than a few files, I can’t see the relevant part of my project and the buffers at the same time. I guess it’s not actually super important as I only ever open files using the Prompt Select in Project dialog. :smile:

• When I have no open buffers, the Tool and Selection menus have no items rather than having only greyed-out items. Also, when I have no project open, Prompt Select In Project is not greyed out.

• I just noticed that the PSIP dialog previews the file! Did it always do that?

• I’m assuming at some point the minimap will get a viewport rect thing just like the old Sublime Text had, and that I’ll be able to drag it around.

• Can the size of the console buffer be changed? I tried to run “help(sublime)” and the scrollback isn’t long enough. Also, it’d be sweet if the console could somehow be used like a real buffer (i.e. put in a two-up layout with another buffer, arranged under the buffers menu on the left, etc.)

• In terms of API, it’d be really sweet if plugins could talk to the find in project system—to my knowledge this is not possible in Sublime Text right now, but let me know if it is. Basically I think it would be sweet if I could write a plugin that could, say, do a find in project but only in certain scopes or what have you. This is somewhat related to my post here: Find results as a first-class buffer as it would allow me to write a plugin to implement that behavior also.

• The release notes say you’ve added goto line. I don’t know if this is supposed to be a menu item, but if it is, I don’t see it.

Things are looking excellent right now! Nice work. :smile:

0 Likes

There was a packaging problem with the windows portable versions that resulted in sublime_plugin.py not being included in the zip… I’ve fixed that now, and re-uploaded the portable versions. If you download again it should be ok.

0 Likes

With regards to the other console messages (unknown command, etc), don’t worry about them, they’re supposed to be there :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Is Sublime Text X stable enough to use now? I’m very anxious to use this on Linux and would buy today if its stable to use. If not, when would you expect it to be ready?

Thanks,
Dan

0 Likes

Hello. I just realized that plain text (i.e. text without any syntax highlight, whether that is plain text in some code file or the normal text in a plain text file) does not show on the minimap. I use Slush & Poppies theme. Can you please fix this?

Regards,
Nick

0 Likes

adzenith: I’ll see which of those items I can resolve for the next version

danf: It’s stable enough to use, but it’s not fully featured. When it’s more complete, there will be a public version available - there’s no ETA for this yet though. I wouldn’t recommend purchasing a license key just to get access to Sublime Text X yet.

0 Likes