Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Sublime Text X 20101208

Re: Sublime Text X 20101208

Postby jps on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:22 pm

oats wrote:Oh no! I've become addicted to using the middle button... any chance you could support an option to map the middle button to shift-click for those not using Xwin?

I'll add it to the todo list.

gpfsmurf wrote:Makes sense, but what if a particular command needs to maintain a single state for a file or a whole window, what would be the best way to achieve this?

- For state associated with a single view, use object scoped variables in the command
- For state associated with a single buffer, either use the regions API if appropriate, otherwise store in a (global) buffer id keyed dictionary
- For state associated with a window, use a (global) window id keyed dictionary

Window ids aren't yet present in the X api, but they will be in the future.
jps
Site Admin

Postby oats on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:41 pm

jps wrote:
oats wrote:Oh no! I've become addicted to using the middle button... any chance you could support an option to map the middle button to shift-click for those not using Xwin?

I'll add it to the todo list.

Wonderful! I'm trying to use X as my main editor now, but missing the middle button column select is the thing I miss most right now.

Also, shift-right-click does not work on OS X, though it does on Windows. (I'm using the latest beta, 20101230)
oats

Postby willi297 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:13 am

alt-click-drag lets you do column select on OSX, if that's what you're after. With just a mouse though, the middle button is definitely needed.
Greg Williams
Atomic Embedded, USA
http://atomicembedded.com
willi297

Previous

Return to General Discussion