Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Easiest Way To Use Symbols in Sublime

Easiest Way To Use Symbols in Sublime

Postby soulrain on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:21 am

I have been trying to use unicode sysmbols by using ctrl+shift+u then the unicode # but it doesn't seem to work for me.
I followed the guide here: http://superuser.com/questions/510907/unicode-composition-in-sublime-text to comment out the command being used.

I am looking to use sublime to do some math writing and logic assignments thus need the use of symbols. Just curious if I need a plugin or is there a native feature to sublime that I am just missing.

Googled the heck out of this so I am thinking there is just something I am missing being a sublime noob.

Thanks in advance!
soulrain

Re: Easiest Way To Use Symbols in Sublime

Postby Veedrac on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:50 am

I don't know what you're doing wrong, but I much enjoy UnicodeComplete from my Sublime Extras extension.

You can just copy the two files (unicodecomplete.py and unicodecomplete_create_cache.py) and skip the rest of the malarky.
Note that it's going to be broken into parts in an exciting upcoming update, which you should keep in mind if you use the whole extension.
Veedrac

Re: Easiest Way To Use Symbols in Sublime

Postby adzenith on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Veedrac wrote:Note that it's going to be broken into parts in an exciting upcoming update

Excellent! Looking forward to it!
adzenith

Return to General Discussion