Sublime Forum

Information about ST3?

Is there a page which lists what is new or changed in ST3? I can only find a mention that it “contains many improvements over ST2”.

Also, is there some kind of indication about when it might be released? Looking at the download list, it seems like there’s only a new beta build every few months.

0 Likes

There isn’t a complete list, but you can take a look at the changes from build to build. I don’t really follow the public releases anymore, but there is a dev build (which is generally stable) released about once a month (if not more often in some cases).

sublimetext.com/3dev

0 Likes

Thanks, I see that page does have more info than on the public release page. I will go over it in an attempt to ascertain what the major features of ST3 are (compared to ST2).

0 Likes

Seems like it’s mostly bug fixes and incremental improvements.

0 Likes

ST3 has some major features as well as a number of “incremental improvements”. The most major are probably speed, the move the Python 3.x and the inbuilt symbol indexing; implemented nicely in ST3 and (like much of ST) works pretty much as it should without any configuration or messiness.

Full featurelist here:

sublimetext.com/blog/article … ext-3-beta

0 Likes