Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 3054

Dev Build 3054

Postby jps on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:15 am

Dev Build 3054 is out now. It was originally released yesterday, but the auto update data wasn't built correctly, so if you've previously got an error about being unable to download a manifest, it should be resolved now.

This build fixes some issues with linux menu hiding, and adds a block caret for Vintage and Vintageous.
jps
Site Admin

Re: Dev Build 3054

Postby dspaudio on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:44 am

Cool!

Well, How to activate block caret in Vintage?

Thanks.
dspaudio

Postby qgates on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:28 am

Thanks Jon. Any chance you could take a look at the line wrapping behaviour with punctuation and caret movement, they're a real PITA for editing plaintext (prose) in Sublime and hopefully are a fairly trivial fix. Obviously this applies particularly when editing text/prose (ie. plaintext) and arguably some of this makes less sense in a programming context. Perhaps the new wrapping rules could be applied through a config setting per-User or per-Filetype, so that users could configure this behaviour for their own filetypes.

Examples.

1. Cursor left or Ctrl+cursor left from the second character of a wrapped line moves the caret to the previous line, whereas Home correctly moves the caret to the beginning of the word at the beginning of the line.
2. Words beginning with a full stop, minus or comma (plus a few others I guess) will be wrapped leaving the first character hanging at the end of the previous line
3. Words with other punctuation characters like brackets, square brackets and curly braces leave the leading punctuation char hanging at the previous line end, even if there's no space after it. So we see wrapping behaviour as below:
Code: Select all
sometext (
see below)

Should be:

sometext
(see below)

And without the space after "sometext":
Code: Select all
sometext(
see below)

Should be:

<wrap entirely>
sometext(see below)

TIA

ps. Like the new block caret. Can we optionally have this one outside Vintage too? Thought I'd ask first :D
qgates

Postby prmaple on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:00 am

dspaudio wrote:Cool!

Well, How to activate block caret in Vintage?

Thanks.

You must have turned on "highlight current line"
Find me
HTML5 Games: SNAKE! Tetris!
prmaple

Postby jps on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:19 am

Arjan: I deleted your post as I'm not prepared to put up with rude messages on the forum. I replied earlier today in regards to your issue in another thread.
jps
Site Admin

Postby MSch on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:27 am

I can't get the block cursor to work. Anyone got it working? What are the exact steps you took?
MSch

Postby abusalimov on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:04 am

Hi,
jps wrote:This build fixes some issues with linux menu hiding

Just upgraded to 3054, but it seems that these issues still remain (nothing changed from the previous build).

Thanks anyway though. =)
abusalimov

Postby kennonb on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:40 pm

MSch wrote:I can't get the block cursor to work. Anyone got it working? What are the exact steps you took?

+1. I have highlight_line activated, but not seeing the block cursor.
kennonb

Postby trkoch on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Finally a block cursor! :D

I noticed the block caret is only visible in some themes. Mind you I'm not sure what I saw was actually the block caret. It was rather both the 'wide' caret and some form of background highlight. Tested with both Vintage and Vintageous. Perhaps someone could post a screenshot?

Been waiting for this feature for a while, can't wait to have it land in ST3. Thanks for the efforts!
trkoch

Postby facelessuser on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:16 pm

Block cursor outside of vintage.

"inverse_caret_state": true,

It looks like it keys off the selection color.

You may need to disable line highlighting to see it if you have it enabled. I don't know if there is a way to make them work together; haven't really played with it much.
facelessuser

Next

Return to General Discussion