Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

[SOLVED] ST3 slow on Win8 64bit

Re: [SOLVED] ST3 slow on Win8 64bit

Postby guillermooo on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Arjan, feeling pushed to flaming sounds like a very subjective predicament.

As far as I can tell, all your posts have implied since the very beginning that ST was at fault, and in a pretty uncompromising tone too.

Even when you got the developer's attention you were not as cooperative as you could have been at first.

You have every right to demand better service, but a more constructive attitude would perhaps have made things easier.
guillermooo
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:06 am

Re: [SOLVED] ST3 slow on Win8 64bit

Postby Arjan on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:16 pm

guillermooo wrote:Arjan, feeling pushed to flaming sounds like a very subjective predicament.

As far as I can tell, all your posts have implied since the very beginning that ST was at fault, and in a pretty uncompromising tone too.

Even when you got the developer's attention you were not as cooperative as you could have been at first.

You have every right to demand better service, but a more constructive attitude would perhaps have made things easier.


Wow all my posts? You must have a lot of time on your hands. All my posts and emails were initially nice, then the utter silence got to me. I am not the only one complaining about the horrible support situation.
Arjan
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: [SOLVED] ST3 slow on Win8 64bit

Postby qgates on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Good to hear your problem is solved. It's hardly surprising actually, AV software tends to get upset when other programs are scanning/reading large amounts of files as their approach is to intercept every file read as part of the AV process.

I binned all AV software for that reason and, under Windows, am simply a little more "cautious". I do have a copy of Clamwin installed, but that has no real time component but is useful for manual checking of USB sticks etc..

To the subject of flaming etc.. let's all tone it down and remain civil people. I understand the OP's frustration, but I also understand the perspective of the developer as well. I have some issues with ST, mainly in the amount of niggles that exist together with the relatively slow pace of improvements, but that takes little away from what is still a great product. Given the nature of the unlimited trial etc., people have plenty of time to figure out whether the tool is right for them or not; same with the support situation etc.. Any major issues that have arisen in the past have been addressed fairly quickly by Jon.

It's less than ideal, but we also don't know about the Jon's real life and there could be a bunch of reasons. As to the subject of "consumer rights" well - try it as long as you like, buy it if you want, 30 day refund policy - that seems pretty fair to me. Getting frustrated and shouting won't change anything. Being nice more likely will.

So stay nice people. There's way too much hurt and aggravation in the world already.
qgates
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: [SOLVED] ST3 slow on Win8 64bit

Postby Arjan on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:37 pm

qgates wrote:It's less than ideal, but we also don't know about the Jon's real life and there could be a bunch of reasons. As to the subject of "consumer rights" well - try it as long as you like, buy it if you want, 30 day refund policy - that seems pretty fair to me.


My problems occured to late for that policy to mean anything.

And what the heck does Jon's real life have to do with anything? He set up a company with all the legal and moral implications that comes with that. He receives payments. He has a customer base. Driving a company professionally is different from driving an open source project where anything goes.

He is a good programmer I'm sure, but his company has some way to go...

qgates wrote:Getting frustrated and shouting won't change anything. Being nice more likely will.


You clearly haven't followed Linux development where frustration and flamewars is the daily modus. And you know what? It *does* get people to get their act together. The Sublime Text community is nice - so nice, in fact, that everyone puts up with hundreds of unanswered issues.

I really loved ST2, but the slow progress means that the next editor to add multiple cursors and regexp search is going to kill off ST in a week (vs.net 13's editor is surprisingly close and supports multiple cursors through a plugin...)
Arjan
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: [SOLVED] ST3 slow on Win8 64bit

Postby guillermooo on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:20 pm

If anybody feels the need to continue this discussion, please do so in a separate thread. The conversation has wandered off completely from the original question.

Cheers
guillermooo
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:06 am

Re: [SOLVED] ST3 slow on Win8 64bit

Postby Arjan on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:26 pm

guillermooo wrote:If anybody feels the need to continue this discussion, please do so in a separate thread. The conversation has wandered off completely from the original question.

Cheers


You started wandering off topic just above and now you want ANOTHER thread on it? Clown.
Arjan
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: [SOLVED] ST3 slow on Win8 64bit

Postby somedude on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Arjan wrote:
guillermooo wrote:If anybody feels the need to continue this discussion, please do so in a separate thread. The conversation has wandered off completely from the original question.

Cheers


You started wandering off topic just above and now you want ANOTHER thread on it? Clown.

Image
somedude
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 pm
Location: Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Re: [SOLVED] ST3 slow on Win8 64bit

Postby Arjan on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:58 pm

somedude wrote:
Arjan wrote:
guillermooo wrote:If anybody feels the need to continue this discussion, please do so in a separate thread. The conversation has wandered off completely from the original question.

Cheers


You started wandering off topic just above and now you want ANOTHER thread on it? Clown.

Image


That's Jon Jackson breaking out the popcorn! I KNEW IT! He's on the movies instead of fixing bugs :-D
Arjan
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: [SOLVED] ST3 slow on Win8 64bit

Postby Roflhouse42 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:38 pm

God dam i love you. I have been trying to fix that problem for a month now. Sublime is awesome once more!
Roflhouse42
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:34 am

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 23 guests

cron