Sublime Forum

Sublime Text X 20110126

Sublime Text X 20110126 is out now. It’s mostly a collection of small fixes, notably now declaring itself as an editor for various file types on OS X.

I expect this to be the last version before it transforms into a public alpha of Sublime Text 2.

0 Likes

Thank you. Great work.

Bug report: Comment/Uncomment shortcuts (in ruby) don’t work. But the menu items are working.

0 Likes

Awesome! Thanks.

0 Likes

In ST 1.4, when you call the Goto Symbol windows the cursor (of the windows) is set to the current symbol and the view doesn’t change, in ST X it’s set on the first symbol and the view update to this position.
When I edit source, I used the previous behavior to quickly find what’s the name of the method I currently edit without the need to scroll the view up, very useful for long method.

Is there a way in ST X to know the name of the method where my cursor is ?

0 Likes

Looking awesome Jon. I know a few guys on OSX who are anxious to check this out when the public alpha comes out.

Question about scrolling via the mini-map. In v1, the map could scroll past the length of the content until the last line is on the top of the screen. Is it possible to add that into X/v2?

0 Likes

It doesn’t even feel alpha anymore. I’m actually using it now for daily usage. :smile:

0 Likes

It seems like the Goto Anything panel doesn’t open if there are no buffers open and the Goto Anything panel has never been opened this session.

0 Likes

[bowing respectfully] Spell check for next release?

0 Likes

How can I add support, syntax highlighting, snippets, etc… for the restructured text format ( .rst )?
Thanks

0 Likes

Installing in OSX messed up with my antialiasing. Monaco became to hard to read.

Btw, anybody know how to fix this?

0 Likes

This brought it back: defaults -currentHost write -globalDomain AppleFontSmoothing -int 2

0 Likes

knitatoms: I don’t know about next releas, but spell checking is a high priority

chewie: You can download the .tmLanguage file etc from the macromates SVN repository

marksteve: Are you sure it was copying Sublime Text X into your applications folder that did that? There’s no installer to speak of, and to the best of my knowledge Sublime Text X doesn’t interact with the OS X defaults system at all.

0 Likes

Look at examples of the sublime-packages provided with the application. Rename the file to .zip or simply unzip it to get to the contents.

0 Likes

If I change my selection while doing “find in selection”, I have to close and re-open the find panel for it to change which selection it’s searching in. This makes sense; obviously Find itself changes the selection as I find, but it’d be nice if it would change the target selection if I press command+f again without closing the panel in between.
It’d be nice also if there could be some indication (an outline, maybe?) of the selection that it’s searching in—I’m frequently confused when it can’t find something I know is in the file, and it was just because I had a multi-line selection when I opened the find dialog. It would also be more clear if the status bar could say “Unable to find xxxx in selection” and “Wrapped past end of selection” instead of “end of file” or what have you.

One last thing: is there an option for turning off “automatic slurping”? (I’m not sure what it’s called) I.e., when I press command+f I don’t want my buffer selection to be copied into the find panel. This option existed in Sublime Text, but I can’t find it in Sublime Text X.

0 Likes

Goto Anything does something I don’t expect when I #-search for punctuation. It seems to search for the first entry in the autocomplete list followed by the punctuation character; i.e., if the first entry in the Goto Anything autocomplete list is ret_val, and I type #/ in the Goto Anything box, the status bar will say Unable to find ret_val/.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]knitatoms: I don’t know about next releas, but spell checking is a high priority

chewie: You can download the .tmLanguage file etc from the macromates SVN repository

marksteve: Are you sure it was copying Sublime Text X into your applications folder that did that? There’s no installer to speak of, and to the best of my knowledge Sublime Text X doesn’t interact with the OS X defaults system at all.[/quote]

Hmm. I was installing Xcode then too. Maybe that modified my font settings. Sorry bout the wrong assumption that ST did it :smile:

0 Likes

I’ve got this on the todo list btw, will hopefully get it in for the next version

This has been bothering to me too, thanks for the reminder, I’ll fix it.

I agree that it’s a bit hard to work out what’s going on with find in selection. Highlighting the target area would be good, as you suggest. I’ll put in the status message changes asap, it’s simple to do and a good start.

0 Likes