Sublime Forum

Profiles?

I’ve just recently started using ST2 and am falling in love with it. Is there a means to create profiles for different plugin sets/editor settings? I’ve googled around a bit and while I see that you can have settings per project, it is not quite what I’m looking for. I do both coding and writing and it’d be great to simply switch my plugins/settings out as needed. I apologize if this is a trivial feature I haven’t discovered yet (or am just thinking about it wrongly). Still trying to learn the ropes…

0 Likes

I don’t know if someone has written a plugin to create “profiles”, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did. That being said, it would be clunky to say the least. You would effectively have to write the contents of the User folder every time you changed profiles. Not sure if this would fulfill your use case, but you can set settings based on a particular syntax. Perhaps this would do what you want?

0 Likes

If you need “profiles” you could use many portable versions, each customized as wanted.

Another idea is to use distraction free settings to slightly customize some stuff (e.g. color scheme). But i’m not sure if you can also customize shortcuts.

0 Likes

I do light coding and writing and I used to think what you’re thinking now. But in practice, I’ve found that I don’t really need two sets of everything. Do you have any actual uses cases? There may be a particular fix for specific issues.

Also:

• If, as I do, you write consistently in Markdown (or some other markup) you can use those settings to tweak the environment.
  • Consider OS-specific settings. For example, I am more likely to code than write on Windows and vice-versa on Linux.

I think @facelessuser had a plugin that switched out some parts of User on-demand, but I don’t think he ever released it. You may want to bug him about it :smile:

Alex

0 Likes