Sublime Forum

Tools for Prose on ST?: Outliner, Ordering, Merging etc

Hi,

I’m a refugee from the unwieldy software of Scrivener, which (on the Linux beta at least) could not handle the 100,000 words and 2,000 fragments of my excuse for a novel. I’m using Sublime Text already, it’s lightning fast, but what I really need is an outliner for all mu thousands of files, and the ability to reorder these in a project as I go, and then to be able to merge/split/export them all. It would also be great if I were able to view the different files in a continuous form, like the Scrivener “scrivenings” mode which temporarily combines individual documents into a single text, so that you can see and edit different sections of your manuscript either in isolation or as a whole.

Perhaps this is already possible with the right packages but it seems there are only a few non-techhead, creative writing only people using ST. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I might be able to achieve the above?

Thanks

Hamish

0 Likes

Viewing docs merged in a single tab will be a great feature in sublime text, I would like to have this as well.

0 Likes