Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 2 20110130

Thanks for all the great work, I’ve switched to Sublime2 even though its still in Alpha!

One feature request: in the project pane, if you could make folders name when clicked to expand/collapse that would be great, instead of having to click on the little arrows.

Mubs

0 Likes

[quote=“Darsain”]There’ll still be a few horizontal pixels showing an option I don’t want to use, polluting the optical cleanliness between a code, and a line numbers :smile:
I’m not against implementation. I’m sure for some people it is really helpful, but I’m personally not using it, and find it distracting. I’ll just like the option to turn it off (if it’ll get implementet).[/quote]

Not if you put them next to the bookmarks, that’s how SciTE works anyway :smile:

0 Likes

Amazing! I’m sure I speak for many Mac users when I say, “Thanks for saving us from a bunch of horribly average editors”

So one feature request - file compare? You do such a great job with the double/triple vertical window layouts, seems like a logical next step.

0 Likes

+1 to folding, easy sidebar navigation and INTERNAL file compare. it can save time for plugin developers(i mean developers of plugins for git/hg/bzr/svn).

0 Likes

Is everything ok with “Add Folder To Project” option? I tried to add different folders to my project - but even simplest example with two files in it failed to add. “Adding folder …” message is displayed in status bar and when it is disappears new folder is not added to Folders section in side bar. Files from this folder are not accessible with “Goto Anything” dialog either.
I checked it in sublime x (last alpha I installed is 20110123) - it looks ok - same folders I tried in Sublime 2 were sucessfully loaded into project. Is something changed in this feature from 20110123 alpha or is this a bug?

Regards
elmer

0 Likes

The only change should be the disallowing of duplicate folders, but if you’re getting the “Adding folder…” message then you’re making it past that check. Could you let me know which platform you’re running on?

0 Likes

Hi,

My sublime 2 is running on Windows XP SP3.

Regards
elmer

0 Likes

Hi,

First of all, congrats on creating the BEST text editor I’ve used ('n ive used a few)

Just a quick bug that may have already been documented. When I search for a character such as £, or $ I get a return saying ‘unable to find \b$\b’

Cheers,

Dave P

p.s. also, a very small point, which in fact is of no consequence … I think when you minimize the files on the left-hand-side, the animation direction should be ‘up’ not to the ‘right’

0 Likes

Did you turn off the ‘whole word’ option? I think it’s on by default.

0 Likes

Excellent, I knew it would be a ‘meism’

0 Likes

Thank you for another wonderful release!

Something I noticed is that when I hit font reset, it erases my personalized preference size.

I was expecting the size will be reset to the personalized one and the bigger and smaller font is a transitive change, not persistent.

On a sidenote, with Alpha been open to the world. I believe will be more easy have a bug tracker to deal with the reports so others can search for duplicates and avoid the burden on both you and the users side.

Again, thank you!

0 Likes

Need to define unique mnemonics (&) for menus. Alt+F won’t drop down File because there are two top-level menus that start with F, and submenu items are inefficient to access without mnemonics (at least for most common items).

0 Likes

I must say this is an amazing release. All main OS supported, just amazing. What kind of GUI Toolkit are you using to bring this cross-platform application?

0 Likes

I have a “critical” bug on Sublime Text 2.
When I opening a file encoded in ISO-8859-1 the file stopped to be rendered at the character “à”.

0 Likes

luislavena: I was tossing up between having the plugin (Default/font.py) adjust the settings for the current file, or the user level defaults. I went with user level defaults because that’s something a lot of new users are trying to change. It would be fairly easy to make an alternative version of the plugin that adjusts the settings for the current file only.

davidlt: Sublime Text 2 uses a custom GUI toolkit. I’m intending to write a blog post about it when things quiet down a bit.

oxman: If you could email me the file, that’d be great.

0 Likes

Sent by email.

0 Likes

I had also asked jps about folding a while back in 1.4… Added to the UserEcho queue, for the others in this thread that mentioned it, please go upvote: sublimetext.userecho.com/feedbac … e-folding/

Kinda holding out for folding and terminal/shell integration in the console pane… Darsain’s dark theme looks fantastic too… I’d live in that editor.

0 Likes

Hey!

Sorry if this isn’t the place to ask (is there a planned features section?), I was wondering how the treeview is going to progress, I’d love to have create file / folder on rightclick here, it would speed things up a lot for me, and also for the tree to refresh with eternal file changes would be great.

This piece of software is fantastic and has some real style! Great work.

0 Likes

daylerees: There is now sublimetext.userecho.com/ for feature requests, which has voting for upcoming features

0 Likes

Luis, try here: sublimetext.userecho.com/forum/2 … order-top/

0 Likes