Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Different approach to syntax highlighting

Re: Different approach to syntax highlighting

Postby valerij_ on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:48 pm

icylace wrote:I think the biggest benefit would be to spot certain typos more readily without having to select something first. I also think this type of highlighting would work well on top of a more neutral color scheme for the regular syntax stuff we're already used to.

adam_h wrote:when I try to read the code in the rainbow coloured samples I find them slightly hurtful to my eyes.

true when the colors are too bright and interfere with other theme colors, i for one disabled any keyword highlighting and dimmed the colors a bit. one could also reduce the saturation to be just a tint apart from normal text color.

biggest benefit i see is one develops a feel for the data flow, kinda hard to explain but you start to watch for color patterns which is easier than looking for words
valerij_

Postby logistics00 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:17 pm

For me, the best is to have syntax highlighting in general (for the whole file). Than having the possibility of selecting part of the code, for example one function, and change it to semantic highlighting for that part. In that case it is even possible to change the whole file to semantic highlighting by selecting the whole file. This would give us all in one!
logistics00

Postby valerij_ on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:35 am

logistics00 wrote:having the possibility of selecting part of the code,[...] and change it to semantic highlighting for that part.

i could do this, placing it onto roadmap for somewhen
valerij_

Postby RickyS on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Colorcoder is very impressive.
I found on my system I had to adjust the shading number to 0.6 0.44, but now it's nice.

Is there a way to use Colorcoder with GoSublime?
I've set the default for .go files to go (Colorcoder), is there a GoSublime (Colorcoder) ?
RickyS

Postby valerij_ on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:26 pm

RickyS wrote:is there a GoSublime (Colorcoder)

Nope but you can add the support yourself and send a pull request. I got somewhat little time atm to add colorcoder support to most languages, also i am not that good in tmLanguage magic
valerij_

Postby michaelaye on Mon May 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Installation of ColorCoder just rendered my ST3 unresponsive. Had to kill it. But after restart it seems to work (I'm Pythonista)
michaelaye

Postby michaelaye on Mon May 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Nope. Just had this popping up:

plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won't be available until Sublime Text has been restarted

so I guess it's not ready yet for production.
michaelaye

Previous

Return to General Discussion