Sublime Forum

Sublime text 3 Ubuntu, New Build System for TinyOS

Hello there,

I am just getting started with sublime, I am running it as the heading suggests from within Ubuntu 13.10. I have to say I am very impressed so far! I am currently working on a project involving motes to create a wireless sensor grid. For this I am using TinyOs, (Nesc). I have already found and installed a nice syntax highlighter as the .nc extension is not recognised.

My next mission is to create a new build system “tolosb.sublime-build”. This should be very simple however I can only find examples that work in either Windows or OSX. I simply want to to be able able to hit a shortcut-key which should do the following in terminal:

make telosb make reinstall telosb

This needs to happen in the current projects directory (which will already be open in sublime). This simply builds the telosb image file, and then installs in onto the local telosb sink device. In terminal both of these commands generate feedback data showing compilation time, size, available ram size on the device etc. It would be nice to be able to see this information also from within sublime.

It all works in terminal I just want a way from doing it within sublime rather than having to jump in and out of the program. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated,

Cheers,

Alex
http://www.sparkypedia.eu

0 Likes