Sublime Forum

Source control integration

Hi, I am new to sublime text and could not find how to integrate with source control systems with quick search. Can some one help me ?
I want sublime to check out a file, I configured the command line command for that in source insight which I used earlier.
I want to know where or how to specify a check out command in sublime: How to specify the file name, file path, working directory and executable to run with command line parameters to that executable.

Thanks,
Anand

0 Likes

Which source control system are you using?

0 Likes

I am using source depot, an internal tool within my company. It has a command line interface and I want to execute the command from checkout a file when I want to edit it.
I get a prompt to overwrite a read only file when I edit and try to save it.
Ideally this prompt would also offer an option to run the checkout command on the file (source insight offers that).
I can manually check out the file but prefer to do that from within sublime text.
I was thinking that someone would have already a sample of integrating a command like that and I would just tweak that command to match my requirements.

Thanks,
Anand

0 Likes

Hmm… You’ll probably have to use something like github.com/misfo/Shell-Turtlestein to type the commands and run them inside ST. Or you’ll need to write a plugin that interfaces with source depot. You could grab the source for the git/svn plugin and modify it.

0 Likes