Sublime Forum

Open file in same directory?

I’m trying out Sublime as a gvim replacement, and I’m wondering if it has a way to open a file from the same directory using the keyboard.

In gvim, I would type :tabe and get a new tab with that file open (and the filename can be tab-completed). The closest thing in Sublime seems to be its standard Open dialog, but this dialog (in OS X) is difficult to use without taking my hands off the keyboard, and it seems to have the standard OS X feature of starting in some other directory that’s totally unrelated to what I’m working on.

I recognize that some of the project-related features might accomplish something like this, but having to set up projects for every directory I might edit in is a chore.

0 Likes

This is the same question as I asked a couple of days ago.

+1 from me, hopefully you’ll get an answer!

0 Likes

There is in 1.x, but not yet in 2.

Once the quick panel API is in, it’ll be possible to write a plugin for this.

0 Likes

Excellent.

Well I’ll hold back on purchasing the licence until that functionality is in - I’m loath to spend a large amount on a licence if I can’t adapt it to my workflow.

It does seem an excellent editor though. Does it support unicode and locales natively?

0 Likes

I appreciate the fact that Open and Save now follow the directory of the currently-active file. This makes it possible to use Command-O as a replacement for vim’s :tabe, once I get over my aversion to file dialogs caused by the many programs that don’t follow this convention.

Still looking forward to the Quick Panel, which sounds like it will be a smoother interface.

0 Likes