Sublime Forum

Coldfusion developer switching from Dreamweaver to Sublime

Hi

Before I started posting one off questions to this forum does anyone know of any resources that a Coldfusion veteran could use to find out how to duplicate some of the more common keystrokes/operations/basic moves in Sublime Text that I used in Dreamweaver?

Many thanks,

Rich

0 Likes

Hi Rich,

I’m a CF Developer who switched from DW to ST about 2 years ago. I’ve found that I don’t use many (any, really) DW operations in Sublime Text because I don’t need to. What exactly are you looking to do?

p.s. Make the switch! From a functionality standpoint - ST is worlds above DW from a coding standpoint.

• Todd
0 Likes

I have a fairly large wiki regarding Sublime here with several ColdFusion related links:

thecrumb.com/wiki/sublime

What are some of the Dreamweaver features you are missing? Tons of packages available for Sublime and keystrokes, snippets, etc are flexible as well.

Jim

0 Likes

I have recently made the switch from DW to ST2 and I can’t believe I hadn’t done it sooner. There are things that were cumbersome at first because it was a different interface but within a day or two I was good.

The biggest problem I had is with the FTP. It’s the same reason I never adopted Eclipse. We have developers working on the same sites but in different parts of the country. With DW we simply set up a site with FTP and connected to the site we needed to work on. I wish that ST had a tight FTP integration the way DW does but with the FTP plugin and being able to map folders to sites over FTP, it works out just as good. Having the find anything and the super fast find/replace is well worth it. Drive space is so cheap it doesn’t matter if I’m mirroring 300 gig of content anyway.

With ST and Emmett my life was changed…

Jim - NICE collection of CF/ST links.

0 Likes