Sublime Forum

When will sublime 3 be released?

Since I’m also on Win 8.1 (also like some of my co-workers) and we encountered exactly zero problems with locked files, I’m inclined to believe that’s someting on your end that doesn’t play nice.

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]

If you are not happy with a product, just stop using it. Is that simple :smile:

As for alternatives, there are plenty: Textmate and Atom.io on Mac, Brackets (cross platform), Redcar, Intype and so on.[/quote]

It is a dead project !

No support , No future!

0 Likes

[quote=“toplinuxsir”]

If you are not happy with a product, just stop using it. Is that simple :smile:

As for alternatives, there are plenty: Textmate and Atom.io on Mac, Brackets (cross platform), Redcar, Intype and so on.

It is a dead project !

No support , No future![/quote]

Oh man, just go away…

0 Likes

It’s not dead.

People deserve and need holidays.

0 Likes

[quote]Strange, then, that other editors i’ve tested doesn’t have any problems. ST doesn’t play nice with AV software. Period.

Note that turning off indexing and atomic saves “solves” the problem, but those are two features I really want - especially indexing.
[/quote]

It may be a conflict with Sublime + your AV + other stuff installed/configured.

We use all kind of AVs: avira x2, kav, avast, nod (one of each). With ST3 dev, indexing and atomic saving on.

0 Likes

It may be a conflict with Sublime + your AV + other stuff installed/configured.

We use all kind of AVs: avira x2, kav, avast, nod (one of each). With ST3 dev, indexing and atomic saving on.[/quote]

Same here, st3 3061 under win 8.1 with nod32 v5, never had issues with locked files in at least 3 months of intesive use (like 9/10 hours a day)…

0 Likes

All snark aside, I hate having to debug issues like this because you have to get the exact circumstances just right to reproduce. It might help if those who are experiencing the bug could give some more particulars about their setup, including which AV software they use, whether or not they have both a malware scanner and av software, etc…

0 Likes

Just to reiterate my reply on HN yesterday:

Have you ever worked in a place where you’re trying to work on something and other staff members keep coming up to you and asking “how much longer?” “are you almost done?”. Being in the position Jon is, he can just shut out the world and focus.

I’d love to be able to do that.

Just give him time and space.

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]Just to reiterate my reply on HN yesterday:

Have you ever worked in a place where you’re trying to work on something and other staff members keep coming up to you and asking “how much longer?” “are you almost done?”. Being in the position Jon is, he can just shut out the world and focus.

I’d love to be able to do that.

Just give him time and space.[/quote]

If you compare Sublime situation with this, you should correct it:
Your staff members want to know the progress but they are unable to reach you, even when they ask “are you still working ?”, “is the project dead ?”.

People are upset not because it is long, but because there is no communication !
In months, there is no message to tell if the project is still under control or alive. And sorry, just post “Sublime is still in development, lot of work, cannot come often on forum” one time does not take 90% of your development.

To finish, look at some plugins as sublimerepl, they are on hold because of the uncertain future of Sublime.

0 Likes

And if you did this in the ‘real world’… you’d probably be fired.

While I certainly understand wanting to get work done, the poor communication screams a lack of professionalism.

It would take 5 minutes to post to forum, blog, tweet, do something simply to say “I’m alive and working on it.”

I’ve paid for ST2 but don’t think I’ll spend any cash on ST3 until I see some consistent improvements in communication. A vague forum post by an ‘assistant’ doesn’t count.

0 Likes

[quote=“toplinuxsir”]The sublime 3 development status is not updated for long time
When sublime 3 will be released?[/quote]

Just think of it as TextMate 3 and you’ll have a probable timeline.

Dunno what it is about text editors…

S

0 Likes

Perhaps the community should undertake a NeoSublime project along the lines of NeoVim (https://github.com/neovim/neovim). :wink:

0 Likes

Now that’s ugly.

0 Likes

Oh my…

0 Likes

Should be lametext.org/ if you ask me.
Anyways their latest blog is from 28 Feb 2014 and judging by the standard for dead projects, this one is long gone…

0 Likes

Jon set an unfortunate precedent with his frequent updates of the past. That pace of improvement defined a portion of the value proposition for the product that prompted me to purchase the license.

While I don’t think HQ has any obligation to answer user concerns about the abrupt change of pace, not doing so has obvious consequences for a paid product that’s already jeopardized by growing competition in this space of new-breed code editors; a space that Jon deserves sole credit for having pioneered.

You can bet that Jon’s not oblivious to the reality that ST’s market share will inevitably be surpassed by a project with an overwhelming resource advantage (maybe Atom.io? Brackets? some future project?), copying ST’s best features and filling in its functional gaps and annoyances. As a developer in a similar situation, how would YOU proceed?

0 Likes

Will someone usurp the development of the editor?

0 Likes

Not without the sources.

0 Likes

just like some people whinings…

0 Likes

Hope he is well and the community is waiting for some news :smiley:

0 Likes