Sublime Forum

Please add drag and drop support!

When I drag a file to the Emeditor window and drop it, it will be opened in Emeditor. However, this useful feature is not supported by Sublime Text 3. Please add it!

0 Likes

Which platform and version are you testing this on? It works for me, I am using linux with latest ST3 build.

0 Likes

Works for me as well. I am using 3062 on Win 7.

0 Likes

It also works with st3 and mac OSX.

0 Likes

Took me a few days but got it. If you run ST in Windows as an Administrator you can’t drop files/folders to it. Not sure if this is a bug or feature…

Fix typo, i mean can’t, sorry

0 Likes

There must be something else going on. I just tried drag and drop on Windows with a standard user, and it worked just fine.

0 Likes

Uh thanks, I had a typo in my post

0 Likes

its a feature of windows UAC read more here

0 Likes

Great thanks, now the question is: that is the problem described by item0 ?

0 Likes

Just a question, I am new to Sublime text. But if I am correct it is possible to drag a file (from outside ST3) right into the sidebar within a particular folder, right?
Because this part is not working on my Windows 7 machine (which prevents me from using ST3), just curious if its me or its NOT a feature of ST3.
Thanks

0 Likes

For OS X at least, you can drag files anywhere into ST and it will open the file, however, you can not drag files around in or into the side bar to move the file to a new location.

0 Likes

I second this with a raise of my beer mug.

Atom has this and I’m getting flack from the Sublime haters. Please implement soon!

0 Likes

I actually signed up here to add a comment saying this same thing. Drag/drop to move files to other locations would be helpful.

0 Likes