Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

We're improving the Unofficial Docs - Support us!

We're improving the Unofficial Docs - Support us!

Postby guillermooo on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:16 am

Hi everyone,

Tens of thousands of users visit the Unofficial Documentation. Now FichteFoll and I want to make it better. And we have a plan. :)

Please tell your friends and all Sublime Text fans you know, and help us spread the word!

Details here: https://www.bountysource.com/teams/st-undocs/fundraiser

Guillermo
guillermooo

Re: We're improving the Unofficial Docs - Support us!

Postby gregor.hoch on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:46 pm

Great project and I would like to support it! But I don't really want to sign up for another platform just for one thing (they ask me to sign up even when I say "log in with github). Is there a way to support the project without going through bountysource (e.g. paypal account)?
gregor.hoch

Postby subhaze on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Awesome hearing this, great work guys!
subhaze

Postby wbond on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Thanks for all of your hard work!
wbond

Postby guillermooo on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Thanks a lot for the encouragement! :)

gregor.hoch wrote:Great project and I would like to support it! But I don't really want to sign up for another platform just for one thing (they ask me to sign up even when I say "log in with github). Is there a way to support the project without going through bountysource (e.g. paypal account)?

The BountySource team have been very responsive (kudos to them!) and they've tried to fix the problem.

Gregor, It'd be great if you could try again and confirm it's working. As a project owner, it's hard for me to see if the process is the same as for a regular user.

If the problem persists, however, we'll set up an alternative payment option.
guillermooo

Postby gregor.hoch on Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:12 pm

Yes, I understand. It still doesn't seem to work for me. Happy to try again though. Here is what I am doing:
Pledge Now -> enter pledge amount -> select paypal -> click on Checkout -> on screen "Sign in or create an account", click github -> confirm on github page -> Now I am back on "Sign in or create an account, Complete the fields below to sign up for Bountysource"

So it looks like I have to sign up for a separate account despite clicking on github...
gregor.hoch

Postby Makenson on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:03 am

guillermooo wrote:Hi everyone,

Tens of thousands of users visit the Unofficial Documentation. Now FichteFoll and I want to make it better. And we have a plan. :)

Please tell your friends and all Sublime Text fans you know, and help us spread the word!

Guillermo

No payment option is the best way to be clear from the beginning.Is out of range $4000 without justification.Is the first time i see this "support"in the web.
Makenson

Postby ntenney on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:55 pm

aquit wrote:Agreed, but the Sublime community has always been a bit lame and the company has no interest in providing, well, finished products.

Sigh.

I don't get where you come from calling the community lame. There are many of us who only come to these threads to try to answer questions and give help. Some of the most useful resources are provided by the community. What is "lame" is the people who obviously only come to the threads to troll. They find out what the current hot button is on the threads and post "feature xxx is broken for me". Then when we ask for more information, they leave the thread and never respond.

As for the other, that's a matter of perception. Am I frustrated with the apparent glacial pace of SublimeText development? Would I love it if SublmeText 3 were released tomorrow? Heck yeah. If only so people would stop complaining. But then they'd probably just find something else to complain about.
ntenney

Postby FichteFoll on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:07 pm

push

(also I can monitor the threads I posted in now and don't need to check this thread separately)
FichteFoll

Postby guillermooo on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:33 pm

That took longer than expected... Apparently BountySource require the creation of an account with them, so we've set up an alternate payment option for those of you who prefer not to.

guillermooo

Next

Return to General Discussion