Sublime Forum

We're improving the Unofficial Docs - Support us!

Hi everyone,

Tens of thousands of users visit the Unofficial Documentation. Now FichteFoll and I want to make it better. And we have a plan. :slight_smile:

Please tell your friends and all Sublime Text fans you know, and help us spread the word!

Details here: bountysource.com/teams/st-undocs/fundraiser

Guillermo

0 Likes

API doc out-of-date?

Great project and I would like to support it! But I don’t really want to sign up for another platform just for one thing (they ask me to sign up even when I say "log in with github). Is there a way to support the project without going through bountysource (e.g. paypal account)?

0 Likes

Awesome hearing this, great work guys!

0 Likes

Thanks for all of your hard work!

0 Likes

Thanks a lot for the encouragement! :slight_smile:

The BountySource team have been very responsive (kudos to them!) and they’ve tried to fix the problem.

Gregor, It’d be great if you could try again and confirm it’s working. As a project owner, it’s hard for me to see if the process is the same as for a regular user.

If the problem persists, however, we’ll set up an alternative payment option.

0 Likes

Yes, I understand. It still doesn’t seem to work for me. Happy to try again though. Here is what I am doing:
Pledge Now -> enter pledge amount -> select paypal -> click on Checkout -> on screen “Sign in or create an account”, click github -> confirm on github page -> Now I am back on “Sign in or create an account, Complete the fields below to sign up for Bountysource”

So it looks like I have to sign up for a separate account despite clicking on github…

0 Likes

[quote=“guillermooo”]Hi everyone,

Tens of thousands of users visit the Unofficial Documentation. Now FichteFoll and I want to make it better. And we have a plan. :smile:

Please tell your friends and all Sublime Text fans you know, and help us spread the word!

Guillermo[/quote]

No payment option is the best way to be clear from the beginning.Is out of range $4000 without justification.Is the first time i see this "support"in the web.

0 Likes

[quote=“aquit”]
Agreed, but the Sublime community has always been a bit lame and the company has no interest in providing, well, finished products.

Sigh.[/quote]

I don’t get where you come from calling the community lame. There are many of us who only come to these threads to try to answer questions and give help. Some of the most useful resources are provided by the community. What is “lame” is the people who obviously only come to the threads to troll. They find out what the current hot button is on the threads and post “feature xxx is broken for me”. Then when we ask for more information, they leave the thread and never respond.

As for the other, that’s a matter of perception. Am I frustrated with the apparent glacial pace of SublimeText development? Would I love it if SublmeText 3 were released tomorrow? Heck yeah. If only so people would stop complaining. But then they’d probably just find something else to complain about.

0 Likes

push

(also I can monitor the threads I posted in now and don’t need to check this thread separately)

0 Likes

That took longer than expected… Apparently BountySource require the creation of an account with them, so we’ve set up an alternate payment option for those of you who prefer not to.

0 Likes

Where is the alternate pay method? I either have to set up an account with this Bounty thing or sign in with ‘social media’ crap. I don’t do social. I have a paypal account. I have a Kickstarter account. I don’t need lots of other accounts. Please make it easy to donate directly.

0 Likes

Hi rbl100,

In the fundraiser’s main page, there’s now a link to a Pledgie campaign under ‘Other Payment Options’ that should let you donate using only your PayPal account (perhaps you need to refresh your browser’s cache?). Later on there will be plain PayPal and Gittip options for one-off and continued support of the Unofficial Docs, but for this fundraiser we want the collected amount to be visible for everyone, and that’s what BountySource and Pledgie enable us to do.

bountysource.com/teams/st-undocs/fundraiser

0 Likes

That would not be a problem if they would actually use the freakin data that they get back from github!

*(http://i.imgur.com/mRxG0Wt.png)

For some reason they think i’m registering with another service just to start filling a new form? :unamused:

(on the other hand, pledgie worked just fine. Click, click, done.)*

0 Likes

[quote=“guillermooo”]Hi rbl100,

In the fundraiser’s main page, there’s now a link to a Pledgie campaign under ‘Other Payment Options’ that should let you donate using only your PayPal account (perhaps you need to refresh your browser’s cache?). Later on there will be plain PayPal and Gittip options for one-off and continued support of the Unofficial Docs, but for this fundraiser we want the collected amount to be visible for everyone, and that’s what BountySource and Pledgie enable us to do.

bountysource.com/teams/st-undocs/fundraiser[/quote]

OK, done. Hope it helps.

0 Likes

[quote=“FichteFoll”]push

(also I can monitor the threads I posted in now and don’t need to check this thread separately)[/quote]

How?

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]
How?[/quote]

search.php?search_id=egosearch

0 Likes

Ha! I’ve posted in four threads and apparently killed all four.

Um, sorry about this thread…

0 Likes

Don’t worry, I’ve killed far more than that.

We’re still only 16% into our goal. We will work on the issues even if the fundraiser does not raise the full amount, but it will take longer. Tell your friends and consider donating $5 yourself. Those tens of thousands of readers could easily reach 4000 by donating less than half a dollar, but that won’t be enough for eventual fees and the minimum is $5 anyway.

0 Likes

Donated! I hope the money will help you out

Niklas

0 Likes

This is important… so bump! :smile:

0 Likes