Sublime Forum

Development Status - July 2014

How did I miss this… so awesome! ST should hire wbond for ST4… :wink:

0 Likes

She forgot to mention aliens. I truly believe this John guy is from another planet… This software is good stuff, Kari keep him working and feed him coffee every two hours! No sleep! All the best, RomRP

0 Likes

Hi again, glad this post has proven useful.

To answer a few queries:
FORUM
Yes, we do intend to make the switch to another forum provider, as we agree this bad boy is a bit dated. It’s on the list of things to do once 3.0 is out.
SOCIAL MEDIA/COMMUNICATION WITH USERS
The power of posting to the blog and tweeting is not in my hands; it’s done at Jon’s discretion, and while I have brought my post to his attention, it has not yet made the cut. Again, increasing marketing and a stronger community management presence are future goals.
SUGGESTIONS
As always, the best place to make your voice heard for feature adds and suggestions to expand the product is the user echo: sublimetext.userecho.com
Contrary to popular belief, this does get read for ideas.

Always happy to address individual concerns: kari@sublimetext.com

0 Likes

Sublimetext developement
New dev status please?

Thanks a lot, appreciate the update. Glad to hear that our plugin works are future proof. Looking forward for 3.0 and 4.0.

0 Likes

Tick tock.

0 Likes

[quote=“vjik”]

Tick tock.[/quote]

Still plenty of time left.

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]

Tick tock.
Still plenty of time left.[/quote]

Not really.

0 Likes

10 days.

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]

10 days.[/quote]

It’s been almost 4 months since the last dev build.

0 Likes

[quote=“simonzack”]

10 days.
It’s been almost 4 months since the last dev build.[/quote]

Yes, and?

0 Likes

Dev build is out, with stable beta version to follow:

0 Likes

Everything that’s missing here is “notify me of replies” - which is basically just an option.

0 Likes

Any chance of a student license in the future? I’ve moved over to scotland to study and just can’t afford to pay 52 euro for this software at this time.

0 Likes

Will 4 be released before 3?

0 Likes

Maybe even in this decade. jps has now pleased the fanboy crowd by another underwhelming release, so I guess another six months of silence will ensue.

It’s pretty lame.

0 Likes

[quote=“stikker”]

Maybe even in this decade. jps has now pleased the fanboy crowd by another underwhelming release, so I guess another six months of silence will ensue.

It’s pretty lame.[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. There won’t be a chance as long as this is jps’s “spare time” project.

0 Likes

Kari - any chance for a regular monthly update?

I don’t care if it’s 6 months between releases - I just get the warm-n-fuzzies knowing work is being done.

It’s the lapses of communication which hurt. :unamused:

Jim

0 Likes

In any case, looking forward to ST3! Thanks again for the great work Jon + Kari.

0 Likes

[quote=“thecrumb”]Kari - any chance for a regular monthly update?

I don’t care if it’s 6 months between releases - I just get the warm-n-fuzzies knowing work is being done.

It’s the lapses of communication which hurt. :unamused:

Jim[/quote]

Here is your last 6 months of updates.

Month 1:

Thought about writing code, didn’t’ bother

Month 2:

Wrote one line of code for some useless feature, might continue someday.

Month 3:

Drank a lot of coffee, stayed up late, but didn’t get any code done, Maybe next month.

Month 4:

Wrote 3 more lines of code this month, I can’t remember what it was for.

Month 5:

Remembered what I wrote last month, decided to not finish it, wrote 5 lines of code for another useless feature.

Month 6:

Big day, shipping a release, Did 10 lines of code this month. Finished 2 unimportant features.
Celebrate!

0 Likes

WOW! You guys are brutal!

I can’t help but think that if you don’t like the product, don’t use it. But, geez, if all you can do is gripe instead of encourage, maybe you should just back away from your keyboard.

I’m just starting to get to know SublimeText. All I know thus far is that everyone universally loves it, except for the whiners complaining about the distance between updates and progress on a final release of v3.

Just take a deep breath, learn more about the tool, suggest improvements, and be patient. And REALLY hold you tongue if you haven’t even bothered to pay for it yet. I, for one, would find it extremely discouraging to put in any programming effort after reading some of these recent sarcastic, snide comments.

Dudes, grow up.

0 Likes