Sublime Forum

Problem with multiple projects open at same time

Fistly, as i have stated before, we really need a way to have multiple projects open within the same editor instance. I am working on multiple separate but related projects and every single one of them is coded in a different language…

Project 1: An android native forth compiler written in assembler. This uses a JNI wrapper written in C and a java class that has access to all the JNI entry points within the c wrapper. Due to the squirly nature of JNI, only this class should have access to the native library itself. Lastly, I also have the forth extensions to the library that are compied by it at “OnLoad” time. These are of course written in forth.

Project 2: A java application that uses this library.

Project 3: An amd64/ARM/avr/pic/8051/etc/etc/etc assembler I am writing in C.

Problems i am encountering:

1: If I want multiple of three projects open at the same time (and i ALWAYS do) then I get multiple instances of ST. One for each project open.

2: If I set the syttax in instance 1 to asm ALL instances are assumed to be asm. If i set it to C ALL instances get C. If i set it to java, ALL instances get java.

3: The only way ST will re-open all projects the next time I launch it is if I open a terminal and use KILALL. If there was only one instance of ST open to begin with all it would have to do is reload all the projects it previously had open.

Petition:

Please allow me to have multiple projects open at one time, be able to set syntax AND color scheme on a file by file basis. My forth syntax highlighting will never work with any canned color scheme so i have a custom color scheme for forth - if i set that color scheme then everything else looks like crap. If i use any canned color scheme then my forth code looks like crap.

I can use a canned color sheme in my native android assembler project of course because the asm/c wrapper and the java classes all look good with any canned color scheme. Unfortunately i still have to syntax highlight every file in that project as C or ASM or java and THIS makes makes every language used in that project except the one in the selected syntax look REALLY bad!

0 Likes