Sublime Forum

What does the arrow inside the folder icon mean? Build 3065

In the new build some of my folders have an arrow pointing to the right inside the folder icon, what does that mean? It’s not the arrow indicating if the folder is open or closed, it’s inside the folder icon. Some folders have that icon and some don’t, and I haven’t been able to discern any pattern. I’d attach a screenshot, but I don’t seem to be able to at the moment

0 Likes

Folders over network drive are not being read

It may be your case too but in my case this happen with public folder that is in sync with another folder(symlink) like this:
/src/folder-a/folder-b/public is in sync with /web/folder-a/folder-b/public
so the first one, inside “src” has the arrow icon for me and I can’t open it

Go to Project -> Edit Project
and turn false the option: follow_symlinks

*Update
After changing if you are using shared folders like me, refresh folder with
Project -> Refresh folders

But remember if its a symlink the best for you is to go to the real folder and edit your stuff :smile:

0 Likes

No, I have the arrow on folders that have no symlinks and the files inside have no symlinks either. It would be really useful if it indicates that I have open tabs in that folder, but for right now I guess it’s still a mystery…

0 Likes

Post a screenshot so we can see what you’re referring to.

0 Likes

I still get errors when trying the built-in attachment upload, but I posted to imgur, with a couple folder-names edited out because reasons.

imgur.com/jnTO8Ao

I don’t have anything open from any of those folders. And I haven’t even looked in training_reference in ages, but as you can see, some have an arrow inside the folder name and some don’t. And there aren’t any symlinks inside those folders.

0 Likes

I have the same arrow key in my folder icon for some folders.

This also means that those folders are not part of the fuzzy search and have not been indexed by sublime, etc.
I had the same problem in sublime2, with respect to fuzzy search, but now at least I can see that the folder is different with this new icon.
To see files I have to open the folder and go to Project->Refresh Folder before the files appear in sublime.

This is quite irritating.
Is there a way to turn this off?

0 Likes

The arrow indicates that Sublime Text thinks the folder is a symlink to another folder that has already been scanned, and so hasn’t scanned it for fear of getting into an infinite loop.

There is more information in the console (via the View/Show Console menu item) as to why it thinks the folder is a symlink.

0 Likes

This is probably a shot in the dark, but currently are there any methods to printing/exporting a page from the sublime editor and retain all theme coloring and formatting? For example, export to HTML or PDF with the usual sexy sublime colors?

0 Likes

@adson3492: sublime.wbond.net/packages/ExportHtml

0 Likes