Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 2 upgrade?

I just upgraded my OS to Mavericks (huge mistake across the board, but that’s another story…) Anyway, ST2 doesn’t open now and I’m wondering if there’s a discount on the upgrade to ST3–can’t seem to find anything on this website about it. Thanks!

0 Likes

I think you can use Sublime Text 2 license key for the beta version of Sublime Text 3. You’ll have to pay for the upgrade later on, once they’ve pushed ST3 to production.

0 Likes

hmm… just purchased v2 on July 30th. Sent this very same question to sales@… three times now without receiving any response. Are we sure about how the v2 to v3 update process will occur? Will there be any prorated upgrade fee schedule based upon the date of purchase? Or will those of us having just purchased a license be subject to purchasing a license at the full rate?

0 Likes

Any key purchased since 29 Jan 2013 should be a V3 key already.

From sublimetext.com/blog/articles/upgrades, which was posted February 15, 2013 (the previous post mentioned was on Jan 29):

[quote]
All license keys purchased since the previous blog post announcing Sublime Text 3 are already full Sublime Text 3 license keys, and no upgrade will be required for these purchases. Please note that while these are Sublime Text 3 license keys, they are also valid for Sublime Text 2. [/quote]

0 Likes

Third bullet point. sublimetext.com/sales_faq

0 Likes