Sublime Forum

Qs

Hello this is my 1st post!
I have a number of Q’s to ask, sorry to put them in one post, hope that’s ok.

1. The CSS on this forum is broken - getting a 500 error for style.php?sid=&id=2&lang=en
    :smile:

2. I’m using the HTML5 package which is great, but I want to remove some snippets that I don’t think I’ll use (MooTools for example). Is there a guide for customising a package including editing/removing snippets?

3. Again with the HTML5 package, I noticed there is no syntax highlighting inside of a tag - it’s fine with setSyntax HTML. Should I notify the package developer or try to fix this myself?

4. When I start typing a jQuery line like $. I want it to trigger the completion list for snippets beginning $.. Is this possible? I often forget the name of the function I want to use, so the tab triggers are no good for me.

5. Similarly, when starting a jQuery line like $('#id'). is it possible to get a completion list for jQuery object functions? These are slightly different to the functions on the main $ object.

6. When I start typing a line like $.pars it shows me the completion eg $.parseJSON() but if I hit return it means I get a double $.$., because it doesn’t remove the pre-existing $.. Can I stop that?

Thanks a lot for any help!!

0 Likes

Ok, quite a few questions there, let’s see if I can help…

First of all, I don’t use the HTML5 package, I tend to stick with the default Sublime language packages and roll my own modifications, so I’m not familiar with it. In case you weren’t aware - and since you’re new - Package Control and all the packages on it are third party / community provided and the developer of Sublime does not endorse or support them.

Now, I just took a look at the HTML5 package and it’s a popular one with regular updates - good news, because chances are it’s supported by the package developer. Head over to the package developer’s github page where you can raise issues and contact the developer, fork it to roll your own flavour, or make pull requests to fix bugs if you fancy contributing.

As luck would have it, the same developer who maintains HTML5 also has a jQuery package which looks like it’ll do much of what you ask. The package is simply called “jQuery” and can be installed via package control.

Best of luck :smile:

0 Likes