Sublime Forum

Shortcut to Pane Resizing?

I love Sublime Text. I work with 2 panes (columns) open, jumping from one to the other. Whenever going from one pane to the other, I typically resize it some amount. To do this, I must position the mouse over just right of the vertical scrollbar until I see the double horizontal arrows appear. Sometimes it’s a pain to hit just the right spot to grip for resizing.

I’ve used other apps where there’s a shortcut key that automatically snaps me to horizontal resizing arrows. Is there such a shortcut key (or package) in Sublime Text? My searching has turned up empty handed.

Thanks! :smile:

0 Likes

The package “origami” might be your friend :smile:

0 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to give me that suggestion! I had tried “origami” in the past and while it’s a cool plugin, it’s not a good fit for what I’m looking for. For example, I grew up using Query Analyzer 2000 where you could hit ctrl-b to snap to the results pane splitter and just slide the mouse to whatever viewing size you needed. I’d kill for a similar shortcut for column resizing in ST!

0 Likes

It might be worth another look. They’ve added pane zooming (something I added to origami some time back), in addition to other shortcuts for resizing adjacent panes. A summary is on their github page. I’m still on an old version that I forked and modded heavily to suit my workflow, perhaps the latest version will be a better fit for you.

0 Likes